When is my wine ok to drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caveman911

Reaction score
I am about to bottle my vino del vida Chardonnay kit. I have been patient during the process and have followed all of the steps to a "T". It says that I should let it age in the bottles for appox 1 month before consuming. Is there an issue to drinking a bottle a few days after bottling? This is my first batch and I am anxious to try it. I know that the taste may not be where it needs to be..but is there any other issues that I should know about?

No, you can drink it anytime. It's just generally better tasting after a month, in case your bottles have "bottle shock". But it's not bad then, either, just not as good as it will be in a month!

I taste at racking and bottling! I try it as soon as I want to. That having been said, the best bottle is always the last one. So, make sure you start another batch right away. This will give your wine a better chance of aging because you will then have other stuff to taste!

You can drink it right after fermentation is complete... Or during...or before...but then it's just really sweet grape juice...

Thanks to everyone for clearing this question up for me. I bottled it yesterday and drank a bottle with the wife last night. It tasted perfect..but can't wait to see what it tastes like in a few months.

Thanks to everyone for clearing this question up for me. I bottled it yesterday and drank a bottle with the wife last night. It tasted perfect..but can't wait to see what it tastes like in a few months.

Nice..sounds good! Bet it will get better a time goes on!

Back