When I change equipment profile in Beersmith does it change my recipes that are alrea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linusstick

Reaction score
I'm constantly changing my equipment profile as I am dialing in my process. When I just changed my brewhouse eff from 60 to 65% and my mash eff from 70 to 75 does that change anything in my recipes?

Yes it changes the abv outcome of that recipe. Volumes are calculated to hit desired batch size

Each recipe in BeerSmith is a self contained archive. If you change your profiles (mash or equipment) within the recipe, that is the only place that is changed. In order to record that change in your master list of profiles, you will need to click on the disk icon next to the profile that you altered.

Likewise, if you change your profile outside of a recipe, it will not affect any recipes which are already designed and/or brewed. To effect the change in your recipe, you must click on the profile and re-select the changed profile.

For this reason, I append the last date of change to my equipment profiles, so that if I open a recipe that I created a while ago, I can see that it does or does not have the latest profile at a glance.

Back