When do you stop thinking about Homebrewing???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

GraniteRiverBrewing

Reaction score
Do you every stop thinking about homebrewing beer?? I'm so excited because I have to rack a Kolsch to a keg Wednesday and I'm brewing a batch on Sunday...Plus, I'm going to Paul the Nurse on Saturday to brew all day.. Am I crazy?????

BTW, I've been brewing for about a year...

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
Nah, I'm in the same boat. Brewing for just over a year. I'm constantly looking over recipes, thinking about what's next, check on what's in my carboys. Cleaning. Good times!

ChshreCat

Reaction score
I'm just getting started and I had my first brewing dream the other night. I know just how you feel!

Frost

Reaction score
I thought I was overly obsessive. Nice to know I'm not alone.

ChshreCat

Reaction score
My wife has reached the point where she gets that polite "yes I'm listening" glazed eye look when I talk about brewing. She waits until I'm done and says something like "Oh, that's neat" or "Wow, I didn't know that" while behind her eyes I can see "don't care don't care don't care". She's so good about humoring me and letting me have my obsessions. :)

fat x nub

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Everytime i am off task during the day is brewing related. I am either dreaming, on HBT, looking at catalogs, thinking of recipes, thinking about culturing yeast, thinking about growing hops, thinking about turning my back yard into a barley field, thinking of ways to save money for a new AG system so i dont have to lift anymore. I can't stop...its almost to the point where i need ADD medicine to focus

golfguy819

Reaction score
My wife has reached the point where she gets that polite "yes I'm listening" glazed eye look when I talk about brewing. She waits until I'm done and says something like "Oh, that's neat" or "Wow, I didn't know that" while behind her eyes I can see "don't care don't care don't care". She's so good about humoring me and letting me have my obsessions. :)
my wife is the same exact way! every payday, i'm always getting some new toys, and/or kits. actually today she told me that she was glad that i had a hobby that i'm really excited about....pretty cool huh?

back to the subject, i've only been brewing a little over a month, but i find myself dreaming about brewing almost every night. not a day goes by where i'm not either reading, or doing research.

Jaeger48

Reaction score
The other night....during sex....I screamed out "FERMENTATION!"

Ya...I'ts bad.
WE NEED A BLOWOFF TUBE! Oh, you like that krausen don't you? mmmm, swallow that foam

My wife is used to the addiction by now, and it only gets worse. I listen to the brewing network while at work and come home and run through recipes I want to try.

Jaeger48

Reaction score
Saying anything about making a starter would sound too much like bukkake so this tangent should die...