Wheet Beer Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EamusCatuli

Reaction score
This is my first recipe, and its for a wheat beer. I just wanted to run it by you guys and see what you think. I want to put a honey taste in the beer, but im really shooting in the dark as to how much I should put in and when. So any advice/ comments you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Type: Extract & steeped grains
OG: 54
FG: 11
ABV: 5.7%
IBU: 25.6
Boil: 60 minutes

.75 lbs Caramel 10L Malt
.25 lbs Amber Malt
6 lbs Wheat LME
1 lb Honey @ before pitching???
1 oz Hersbrucker @ 60 minutes
1 oz Centennial @ 10 minutes from end of boil
Wyeast 1010 - American Wheat Ale

4 weeks in primary, 2 in secondary. :drunk:

Let me know what you guys think!

IBU's a little high for my taste in a wheat beer but thats up to you. Might consider steeping some honey malt on top of the honey if you want to try for even more flavor.

I like adding the honey after the wort is cooled because heat destroys honey's flavor and aroma.

agreed on the honey... add during cooling after the wort is under 150°. You sure you want to use Centennial for aroma? Kinda catty....

well im looking for a slight citrus flavor, but who knows what that will taste like with the honey. Im sure this will change a few times so ill take your comment to mind

Back