Wheat peach beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacobg83

Reaction score
What's the best way to get peach flavor into a beer? Mash? Kettle? Fermentation? Never made a fruit beer before. Would like to know your findings.

jacobg83 said:
What's the best way to get peach flavor into a beer? Mash? Kettle? Fermentation? Never made a fruit beer before. Would like to know your findings.

Go to the American home brewers website, the recipe of the month is called "peaches and cream" and looks delicious!

A few years ago I bought AHS's Peach Ale. It came with Peach Extract. The kit turned out pretty good! I was happy with the peach taste. I still have a few bottles around, nearly 2 years later, and it has held up.

last fall i was able to get my hands on some colorado palisade peaches and brewed this recipe,

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/peach-wheat-39444/

it turned out quite tasty, and i'm not a wheat fan. i know other people actually use apricots to get a more pronounced peach taste. although the peach flavor was there in my batch

would definitely secondary on top of the fruit. don't know if i have ever read of anyone primary fermenting with fruit.

b

edit: beer that is. most surely wine is straight fermented fruit.

A friend of mine made a Peach Pale Ale that was delicious. He made some kind of roasted peach puree first, then added that at the end of the boil at flameout. You could add it to the secondary too.

I think it was a couple pounds of fresh peaches, from a U-Pick peach place in Georgia. I suspect there were no better peaches to be found anywhere else in the country that day, and I wouldn't bother trying to re-create it from those bland fuzzy rocks the grocery stores try to pass off as peaches.

Ahhhh fresh peaches in the South .... makes it almost worth putting up with the racism.

Back