Wheat Beer Recipe suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solidghost

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just got myself a Morgan's Wheat Beer kit and I was wondering what can I do with it? I had never made a Wheat beer before so I was hoping for some recommendations and recipes.

Thanks.

lol, don't laugh. It came with 1kg of dextrose. It was a package deal. Super cheap, that's why I got it.

Anyways, I can always go get more stuff from the store. Can't get enough of brewing.

Are you in Singapore? What else besides sugar?

I think they have wheat malt and steeping grains and others. Pretty good slection. However, note that I am a beginner so I was hoping for a slightly easier recipe.

With a wheat, if you make it and you do not like the taste, then I would add flavoring. Post the recipe/ingredients.

You mean after bottling?
My store has a wide range of ingredients available. Although I won't say they are the best (hey, it's in Singapore) but they do carry a good variety.

i actually have my first wheat beer in primary..my secobd batch, also from extract

6# Wheat LME
1# Steeping grains
1 oz Vanguards @15
1 oz vanguards @ 30
safeale dry yeast

Fitz,

Thanks for the recipe
What steeping grains did you use?
And is there any good subsitute for Vanguards hops?

as far as steeping grains..i got barly/crystal i think, im also new to all this on my third batch, but i know barly is an essential part of wheat beer,,and was told at my LHBS that vanguards would be good with what i was trying to achieve,sure theres alot of other hops you can use,sorry i could be of more help

Back