Wheat beer question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cybershadow

Reaction score
So i brewed the brewers best Witbier kit yesterday. Since this was my first ever attempt at homebrew i may have made a mistake. I dumped all the wort into the fermenter trub and all. The kit had like 2oz of hop pellets and a spice pack with orange peel and coriander in it. I am thinking i should have strained it. Is this going to be bad leaving the trub in with the beer for 2 weeks in the fermentor? Should I transfer to a secondary after fermintation to remove the beer from the trub?

I did the same thing with a wheat beer yesterday; I also do it with all my other beers. No issues.

my homebrew supply store said to leave the beer in the fermenter for 2 weeks after fermintation stops to clear the beer. Is this fine? I would think he knows what he is talking about. The kit said to bottle after a week.

Even with my wheat beers, I follow the same course - primary for 2, secondary for 2. I realize there are folks that don't do this, but it works for me. Leaving in the primary for 2 weeks before botteling won't hurt anything and will allow the trub and such to settle out - no worries. Just keep telling your self that when you are done and drinking in a few weeks - that you still made the best beer you ever had! And each beer from here after will be the best since YOU made it!!

Back