wheat 1010 temp ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate Ale

Reaction score
I brewed a lovely wheat beer on thursday night, had it chilled an yeast pitched midnight. The carboy was bubbling by Friday mid-day. Had it in Son of Fermentation Chamber, doubled the ice load, as I was going out of town til Sunday, and "elvis left the building". I had a buddy check it on Saturday, internal temp was 66 degrees, and ice was half gone. He said it was bubbling away. Sunday evening I arrived and internal temp was 78:eek: NO BUBBLING. I assume the temp rise probably sped up the fermentation, but what flavor affects will I get?????

I'd think it would still be mostly OK. Not familiar with the WY1010 but I would think with vigorous ferm occuring for 24-36 hours in optimal temperatures, that most of your flavor profile will have been established... and the late spike would only mildly contribute. I could be wrong though, I'm guessing.

brewed three batches with 1010 american yeast in last few months. Just kept in a 65 degree environment with no ice or water bath and all was well. What was the ambient temp where it was. Gut feeling is you are A OK!! :rockin::rockin:

oh, forgot two were starters from washed yeast from the first one and fermented hard as hell. i use 10.5 gallon buckets for primaries (for 5.5 starting volumes) and one of them reached the top!!!!! Yowsers!! I almost $h%t myself when i saw that.
:rockin::rockin:

Yeah I made a starter with 1010 and added it to a five gallon batch in a 6.5g carboy. Next day came home and the airlock had junk in it and a little had dripped out onto the floor. This is a blow off tube yeast IMO.

Hi, this is my first post on this forum. I´m Hampan, homebrewer from Sweden.

Another question on the subject: 10days ago I brewed my first American Wheat and I used the wyeast 1010. It fermented in very cool temp, 54°F. As I threw in the dryhops today I wondered if I could raise the temp to 66°F for the last 4days to get the most out of the yeast? How would that affect the beer?

Back