What's your specialty?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Right now I'm drinking my favorite homebrew. A german kolsch.. I think it's good. My friends seem to agree..What's your favorite beer or two that you brew?

I realy dig my irish red. Its the only brew that i am fussy about doing it the same each time.

In almost 100 batches I have never brewed the same recipe twice. Sure there has been styles, but never the same recipe.

I just brew what I can with what I have. Woks for me and keeps it interesting.:ban:

GilaMinumBeer said:
In almost 100 batches I have never brewed the same recipe twice. Sure there has been styles, but never the same recipe.

I just brew what I can with what I have. Woks for me and keeps it interesting.:ban:

Wow!!That's amazing..I don't like that many styles I guess..

I'm pretty much settled on "English Special Bitter" as my "Haus Ale". The problem is that my best recipe calls for a hop that I can't easily get my hands on so I'm retooling it right now.

GilaMinumBeer said:
Not quite up to 100 batches, but I'm almost in the same boat. I brew my pumpkin ale seasonally, and I enjoy a tried and true porter recipe, but otherwise, I like to branch out and try all sorts of styles, recipes, and techniques rather than trying to duplicate past successes.

I make more stouts than anything (I'm still searching for my holy grail, the perfect stout), but my usual house beer is an EKG based ordinary bitter (not sure what I'm going to do when I can't get EKG anymore!) and I have an English-style IPA that uses EKG as well that is always in stock in one form or another.

i've made some great hefeweizens, but i rarely brew the same recipe twice. my last hefe actually turned out horrible. i blame the on-the-fly grain bill and a bad bottling day.

I've brewed my Blood Ale about a dozen times now. Changed it many times, too. My most recent is in the keg, just tasted today. It's coming along nicely. It's a dark, strong amber ale.

My Cream Ale and my American Wheat have been my best party kegs so far. Those were some damn fine brews, and went far too fast.

:mug:

The best batch I've brewed so far was EdWort's Haus Pale Ale, but I'd like to think that my specialty, or at least my concentration, is in various Belgian strong ales. For better or worse, though, I don't think I'll ever make the same batch too many times because there's such a wide variety of fantastic Belgian yeasts available. I can barely keep up with the VSS ones, much less dig deep in the catalogues of special Belgian strains.

Coming up soon: various beers built on VSS French Saison; ditto VSS Unibroue; then Belgian Ardennes (Chouffe!); then the Rochefort 1762; then maybe back to my favourite, 3787. Each one I'll start with a mid-gravity batch then make a couple second-generation beers. Is the plan.

Too new at it to have a favorite yet -- to date I've not had more than one homebrew batch available for drinking, so my favorite is always the one I'm drinking right now.

Rick

I haven't brewed the same batch yet, either, and I don't foresee myself doing it.

I am partial, however, to my American Brown. 65 IBU and 7% of face-melting awesomeness.

House APA- A bit on the low side of the style for everything but nice, simple, and just hoppy enough for the b@st@rds I live with not to want to drink, lol. Kolsch and other beers don't hang out long either.

I am just now getting to the point after 20+ batches that I am trying to replicate a couple of good ones. My blonde ale has to be my favorite at this point with stout and hefe a close second.

Man, I am all over the place on this one. I have been brewing a lot of RIS and Barley Wine lately. I don't tend to rebrew much, but keep playing with what I have had success with. I guess all those years of brewing the same GD brews day in and day out kind of burned me on rebrewing. For example, last year I did pretty well with a couple beers at the NHC regions. But this year I am sending in some of the same styles, but the recipes are different.

I'm going to have to say that Every Single Bro ale has been the most consistently good beer I've brewed. My buddy and I came up with the recipe, and cumulatively have brewed it 5 times. Mmm mmmm tasty.

For my own creation, I think my Darwinian Stout is pretty good, and have brewed it 3 times.

Both reciped need to be converted to AG though to be really put through their paces :).

I redo a bock every year, and a big Belgian trappist. And my last keg of EdWort's Kolsh is about to kick, and that one was awesome, so there's going to be a need for an encore on that one..........

The only ones that I've repeated so far are my Kölsch, EF, and APA, but I plan on repeating RedHop and Hopacles.

Of those I'd say that it's a tie between EF and my APA.

My house ale is the "California Beach Blonde Ale" very simple and a great transion beer for all my BMC friends. I am drinking the 4th batch now and going to brew it again next week Its a very nice easy drinking brew With a true 24 day turnaround
JJ

My Smoky and the Bastard porter is probably the original recipe that I'm most proud of. It's on its third revision and I've brewed 55 gallons to date.

Myself and a few friends just got into brewing. Im really looking forward to a Kolsch. I believe thats my favorite style of beer.

Back