What's your favorite homebrew recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweet T

Reaction score
I'm sure every newbie asks this same question so please forgive me. But I can't help but ask!

so, what's your favorite recipe, the one you keep making again and again, and why?

I keep making variations of EdWort's Haus for several reasons. Its simple, its balanced, its my favorite beer style, and its a favorite of my friends as well. Other than that, I like to mix in simple Hefeweizens as much as I can...

Adult onset of ADHD prevents me from repetitive brewing.

67 batches for 580 gallons in the last 16 months and each one was a bit different.

But..., I will always brew some version of a blonde and a lighter ABV hopped up pale ale to have on hand.

I make my ESB almost every other batch..

Simple but my buddies love it:

Maris Otter Pale Malt 11.00
American Crystal Malt 40 0.50
Dextrin Malt (carapils) 0.50

EK Goldings 2oz 5.0AA% 60 min

Yeast: Danstar Nottingham

CHeers
Grimmy

CJ in J's infamous JPA

You'll find the recipe at the green site. I love that beer. It would be my next brew (probably the 5th time I've brewed it), but hops prices convince me otherwise until further notice.

Well, I just tasted my first bottle of Yopper's Dead Guy Clone...and it is awesome, and I will be brewing it again..

As for my own recipes...well I'm proud of my "Old Bog Road" Brown Ale Recipe and guess that's my favorite....but I also love my Simple Amber Ale and I just brewed my second batch of my Ginger Orange Dortmunder- Which I reformulated using Pilsen DME....So I guess I can't really answer your question...Sort of :D

That's a pretty hard question for most of us to answer with just one recipe. My favorite beer is whatever I have on tap. :mug:

I'd recommend that you browse through the recipe database or while you're reading other posts, click on 'Recipes' under people's avatar's to see the recipes that they have posted for all to see.

I don't know, I have not tryed them all.

But I do brew a Stone IPA clone more than anything else. I do love those centinial hops.

i only have a oatmeal stout and a honey ale that dont get changed to much. everything else gets tweeked.

Adult onset of ADHD prevents me from repetitive brewing.

67 batches for 580 gallons in the last 16 months and each one was a bit different.

But..., I will always brew some version of a blonde and a lighter ABV hopped up pale ale to have on hand.

67 batches in 16 months ......is 1 a week. WOW

I have done 27 batches in 10 months and I have only made 2 twice:

Lake Walk Pale Ale and Downtown Georgia Brown

I continuously make a hopped up Pale and tweak it around, which I call XPA. Tastes like an IPA at around 5% ABV.

i rarely (if ever) brew the same exact recipe more than once.

i like a nice, simple, malty hefeweizen though.

60% Wheat
40% Munich
0.75 oz (or so) Tettanger hops
WLP300

Ferment in the low 60s

And you can throw a small amount of Chocolate Malt in for a dunkelweizen ;)

I like to make different things, but I usually make the Dead Guy clone and the DFH 60 minute clone several times a year. I've made them both multiple times, and have the DFH clone in primary now, and the DG clone up next. Those are the only recipes I never change.

Well, no, I did change the DFH clone once. Then I changed it back. I'm not tweaking those two any more, though!

Have yet to make something twice, but everyone (myself included) was a huge fan of the California Common we just finished up. It was fantastic! I'm currently enjoying Ed's Haus Pale. Yum!

Latest posts

Back