What's your brewery name?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LazySumo

Reaction score
A lot of us have our brewery names in our sigs, but humor me. Tell me your brewery name and the reasoning behind it.

For me it is the Five Missions Brewhouse, named for the five historical Spanish missions in San Antonio. Believe it or not the Alamo is just the most famous of the lot.

Under the Table Brewing Co.

That's where my fermentors sit, under the table in the kitchen. We have a breakfast nook, and don't use that table to eat at and temps stay consistent so that's where the magic happens.

Small Axe Brewing

Fits my demeanor and relates to the quote in my sig. kind of a 'bigger they are, the harder they fall' idea. anyways...

VanderHop

Vander is the first part of my last name, and I sure do love me some hops..

BTB, or beer tunnel brewing. My kegerator is in a kitchen pantry and pumps through the wall. When I was cutting the arched recess for the 4 taps my 3 year old called it a tunnel (obsessed with trains). When I explained it was for Daddy's beer he paused, and said "BEER TUNNEL!"

Fur & Feather Brewers - I'm a Cubs fan, my buddy is a Cards fan. No fur or feathers go into the making of our beers however.

Kevin

Free Beer Company

Politically I'm libertarian, so I wanted something that evinced freedom. I like the double entendre of the political freedom and the fact that I don't sell my beer.

And hey, who doesn't like free beer?

Speed Hump Brewing Company

My wife and I are big travelers and I've always gotten a kick out of those speed hump road signs. We call them speed bumps in Minnesota. I know, a little childish and immature, but we have fun with it. :) I keep with the words that might or might not be dirty theme when I name my beers too. They all come from terms on Urban Dictionary.

70/30 Brewing is what I call myself.
It's because my wife says I have a sarcastic ratio of 70% sarcastic and 30% real.

She even made up a slogan "70/30 Brewing... where the sarcasm runs steep"

Wife and I came up with Moonport Brewery, Due to my other love of astronomy and our general like of science. We then proceded to get drunk and come up with space related names IE Lunar Lager, Supernova Stout, Intergalactic Pale Ale(I.P.A) My current Russian Imperial Stout is Sputnik Stout.

Tranquility Base Brewing.

It was a goofy label my wife decided to apply to our house (we're both astronomy nuts too), and it tends to get applied to everything we do: Tranquility Base Brewing, Winery, Kennel, Cattery, Studios, Dance Club, etc.

Goofy logo:
8434233142_e8508df48c_n.jpg

-Rich

Check the sig :)

Slogans -- Drink Undefined, Undefined Beer for Undefined People, Don't know what your drinking, it Must Be Undefined.

I could go on and on :)

The Commune Brewing Company

We live on a small dead end street and all of us are about the same age with many kids of similar age, we are tight knot group that basically has an open door policy and everyone just comes and goes as we all please and share everything, well just about everything....... Kinda like a commune:)

Wild Bunch Brewing Co.

..after the Dalton-Doolin gang.

I'm from Oklahoma originally and my dream is to eventually go back and get something started there with my brother (also a brewer).

Brewing Bad Labs.

Breaking Bad is the favorite show of me and my "assistant brewmasters" and I decided to play off the logo and name of the show for my "brewery".

Blue Door Brewing. Our house is under construction and we needed a front door to pass inpection. So my father in law brought over a bright blue door that he had in his garage. The house still had black paper on the outer walls, so it really stood out. (doors still there!)

Not sure on a brewery name but I'm always telling people "It's ok." when they ask about my beer. So that would probably be our motto. What can I say? I'm very modest :eek:

One Thumb Brewery

I was smart enough to cut one of my thumbs off eight years ago when my wife was pregnant with our son. He helps me brew and we make rootbeer together. I asked him what we should have for a name and together we came up with the one thumb brewery.

Mother-Shmucker's Ale House

Where "The Mother-shmucking ale flow like wine. Where it is equally important not to shmuck up your brewing process as it is not to get shmucked up and drive home!"

I named my brewery corner after my late father's CB handle. White Cougar Brewery. I thought it'd be nice to honor him in this way,since we were also after work bar room buddies.

Forrest Woods Brewing

It's the name if of the development I live in (yes I know Forrest is a name and it should be forest to make sense, stoopid developers)
My brew buddies and I do all our brewing/fermenting at my house. Boom, name born

Valhalla Brewery... being Norwegian, most everything I have is named after some Norse god or other Norsk reference. On my 4th "Thor" Rottweiler for example...

HBngNOK said:
Black Dog Brewery

"There's a black dog hair in every batch"

My first batch ever I found the hand me down carboys full of moths before I started brewing. I named that batch death head moth.

I was thinking about this the other day and I think I finally came up with a name 4+ years in. Grey Area Brewing.

I typically don't brew exactly to a style so most of the beers I brew occupy a sort of grey area between styles. Also, I just kinda feel like the grey area is where all of the interesting stuff happens, having everything in stark black and white contrast to one another is boring. And if I really wanted to go waaaayyyyyy to deep with the name I could take it back to the first time I was introduced to dialectical thinking in college. I've always liked the whole idea of thesis+antithesis=synthesis

Back