What's your biggest non brewing hobby?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

Flipadelphia

Reaction score
As much as I love brewing beer and I would consider it my #1 hobby, I'm also very much into computer hardware and PC gaming. Basically a huge computer nerd.

What's your biggest non brewing hobby?

C-Rider

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
As I'm retired I hike about twice a week, 4-8 hours per hike and I bowl in 3 sr leagues so that's like 9 games a week.

colhep67

Reaction score
I'm a mechanic at heart. Gear head in the soul all the way! Give me a boosted 4 cylinder or a supercharged v8 and I'll be attached all day!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Home Brew mobile app

EmDubeu

Reaction score
Marksmanship. I like to shoot my guns, but that can be more costly than brewing. Thankfully there's no "shortage" of grains like supposedly there is with ammo...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

slbradley01

Reaction score
I enjoy fishing and run a small charter fishing business in the summer www.tidehuntercharters.com I also play guitar in a rock/blues band www.lpjrocks.com I enjoy doing remodeling projects on our 1786 colonial home. Oh, and a nice veggie garden every summer.........think I'm farming this one out this year as I joined a CSA. Turned 50 this year and I don't have quite the energy I used to. I will keep up the hops garden as I get enough hops so I don't need to buy any all year. Not sure how my wife putts up with all the hobbies. I tell people I'll sleep when I'm dead.

ilikeguns

Reaction score
Running, working on my jeep, wheeling, guns, music production and writing, surf fishing and now trying my hand at building a quad copter.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

palys2

Reaction score
I enjoy running, riding my dirtbike, and almost every other outdoor activity.

Braufessor

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I would say the other thing I spend a lot time on is coaching cross country and track.... not completely a "hobby" as I do get paid something for it in addition to my teaching job - but, the amt. paid vs. the time spent makes it something that I would not ever do "just for the money."

Probably the other thing I spend a lot of time doing is gardening.

bford

Reaction score
I've seen several musicians on here.. that is what I do when I'm not teaching history... guitar came really easy to me growing up..

Now I write songs and play out locally. I'm about to start doing solo acoustic stuff though I prefer playing with a full electric band.

Think Fountains of Wayne/Weezer/JimmyEatWorld for my style of stuff.. catchy powerpop.

Wish I could make enough from music or beer to support my family.. maybe someday!

ilikeguns

Reaction score
I've seen several musicians on here.. that is what I do when I'm not teaching history... guitar came really easy to me growing up..

Now I write songs and play out locally. I'm about to start doing solo acoustic stuff though I prefer playing with a full electric band.

Think Fountains of Wayne/Weezer/JimmyEatWorld for my style of stuff.. catchy powerpop.

Wish I could make enough from music or beer to support my family.. maybe someday!

I did the whole record deal, touring thing back in the early 2000s and it was a blast but man is that a tough way to earn a living.. away for months at a time, living out of a suitcase etc.

Check out some licensing companies like Jingle Punks to help you get some music placed on tv etc. It's not enough to support a family but it can help put a few bucks in your pocket.

reefriot

Reaction score
Ive been into Saltwater Coral Reef tanks for years and the water chemistry is similiar. Fun hobby but is a expensive and addicting hobby!
qavypyhy.jpg
segugaru.jpg
nezy8ugu.jpg
napydyzu.jpg

colhep67

Reaction score
Ive been into Saltwater Coral Reef tanks for years and the water chemistry is similiar. Fun hobby but is a expensive and addicting hobby!
qavypyhy.jpg
segugaru.jpg
nezy8ugu.jpg
napydyzu.jpg

That's sick!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Home Brew mobile app

PJoyce85

Reaction score
I train and work with service dogs :)

A fellow dog trainer. Nice.

I don't train for anything nearly as important as service dogs but I am an assistant head trainer at our dog club. We train a sport called Schutzhund. We also help to correct behavior issues. That takes up 15 hours a week (and that's only during training time when the club is open).

SoobDood

Reaction score
Taking my lifted Subaru on trails it shouldn't be on. Shooting. Building projects (setting up a ferm chamber for example) going to see great music of all types. Oh and of course actually drinking beer! I think that's a hobby ya?

smccarter

Banned
Reaction score
Golf... I aspire to be an 80's golfer. Someday... some day!!!

Music... I'm a guitar player and singer. Played in a number of bands when I was young. Too much grief, so I keep it to duo or trio arrangements. People just can't seem to get along, show up to practice, practice, play well. Duo's are much simpler.

Appalacia... not really a hobby, but we have a place in North Georgia. It's such a nice place to spend time in. We'll eventually retire up there. Very peaceful. Hikes, seasons, nature.... We'll have to find a place outside of GA though. The home brewing law limits a brewer to 50 gallons a year... Nowhere near enough.

Cooking... Not a chef, but I like food about as much as I like beer. Not as much, but close.

Latest posts