Whats the longest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedway

Reaction score
Whats the longest that you have gone only drinking home brew? No commercial beers between. Mine is about two weeks. I always mess it up on the weekends going out to dinner with friends.

I drink commercial beers all the time. The thing about people who like craft beers, is they generally like trying new beers since there is always something new. I usually have a wide variety of commercial beers in my fridge because I don't necessarily have or want 5 gallons of something but am craving it at that time

I've never really thought about it to remember a real time frame. There's always something new out there to try, a favorite beer re-surfaces, I go to a tasting, visit a brewery, I see something I like that isn't on tap at my house...too many things out there.

I've gone a long time without commercial beers. I've never thought about it, but sometimes it's a very long time. We don't have a good beer selection when we go out (and we rarely go out) and I don't buy commercial beer very often unless I"m traveling and want to try something different.

I asked my husband, and he guessed we sometimes go three months or more without buying or drinking any commercial beers. That seems about right to me.

When we go to Texas in the winter, we only take three kegs for two months so we definitely supplement with commercial beers then!

Back