What's the deal with the marshmallow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captwalt

Reaction score
So here I am, minding my own damn business, drinking my homebrew and I look down to see the foam has formed what appears to be a partially melted marshmallow. I know that it's just the foam on my beer but it would look perfectly normal in a cup of hot coco. This is weird to me. I'm sure there is a scientific explanation for this, but damned if I can work it out. So, I was wondering if anyone has experienced this phenomenon and investigated the reasons behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Visual aids ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399767930.925992.jpg

Dies anybody else's wife think they're crazy for taking a picture if z glass of beer?

I admit that I am a creepy weirdo and just lurk on the sidelines of the forum. Watching and...... Observing...... And only on the rare occasion that I have 1 too many, for the sake if science of course, I post or respond and always regret it in the morning. Sloppy Saturday ondeed

It happens when one looks down on the homebrew. If you hold it up to light like you did your first born it would make a happy face!

I just poured a different beer, and no more marshmallow so all is ok with thd universe again.
Visual effectsImageUploadedByHome Brew1399773687.481779.jpg

But my wife still thinks I'm crazy for raking pictures of honebrew

Now you've me wondering about marshmallows in a beer. Marshmallow stout. Marshmallow chocolate stout.

That's it! Collaboration time! Go!

How would you get marshmallow flavor in your beer. It's not like you can add it to secondary or anything. You probably have to use extract if they make extract marshmallow flavor. What about the actually flower? I don't know. Just throwing it out there.

Yup, actual "marshmallow root" passed into obscurity with the industrial food age. Now the only "marshmallow" is in the name...

Cheers!

Why not just toast this stuff?

MarshmallowFluff.png

Or make up your own mallows and use those. You can get those far more dense and possible make them dissolve/sink. Hah, Dry mallow your beer.

Well, you *could* MAKE your own marshmallows as well. I saw some instructions and it looks very easy.

I burnt some maple sap this year while boiling it, and it has a roasted marshmallow flavor. I'm going to try it in some smoked porter or stout, and I'll probably try to mix up some Brochet, ala Acerglyn and see how a burnt maple mead will taste.

How would you get marshmallow flavor in your beer. It's not like you can add it to secondary or anything. You probably have to use extract if they make extract marshmallow flavor. What about the actually flower? I don't know. Just throwing it out there.

They DO indeed make marshmallow extract. You can find it easily at any e-cig juice diy vendor. Its all food grade fully ingestable liquid. I dont have a link. *sorry* But it definitely is out there

Back