What's the culture at this site?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey don't hate on cheap hard cider 😄
My first ferment was when I turned 16 and got my first car that I paid for by working at Burger King.
I bought a wine making kit by mail order out of the classified section of "Boys Life" magazine. When it came in I drove about 30 miles to a U-pick muscadine farm and bought ten gallons of dark purple muscadines.
I juiced those and fermented them in a bucket with the skins on for primary and then racked it into a glass carboy for secondary ferment. That glass carboy was hidden in my bedroom closet behind my hanging clothes for 3 years until I moved out of my parents house. According to my memory, that was the best wine I've ever tasted before or since.

My first ferment was when I turned 16 and got my first car that I paid for by working at Burger King.
I bought a wine making kit by mail order out of the classified section of "Boys Life" magazine. When it came in I drove about 30 miles to a U-pick muscadine farm and bought ten gallons of dark purple muscadines.
I juiced those and fermented them in a bucket with the skins on for primary and then racked it into a glass carboy for secondary ferment. That glass carboy was hidden in my bedroom closet behind my hanging clothes for 3 years until I moved out of my parents house. According to my memory, that was the best wine I've ever tasted before or since.
Wow, awesome

hmm, i can brew for cheap and when i lived in mendo got an 8th for $4 of electricty...what do the a-hole pot growers got you paying?
$14 for 3.5 grams this time. Usually a little more. Government inspected for quality and it is high quality.

Smoking wild weed in the Himalayas is a great memory. But the legal stuff here is much better

Thanks all for the introduction to the culture here. Cool site👍

Do any of you actually grow your own tobacco? It's raunchy when it's green 😄
I have grown tobacco as an ornamental before (and hoping the rabbits would try to eat it and die) Curing tobacco to make it good for smoking is something I have an slight interest in but probably won't ever try. Mainly because I don't smoke 😂 I actually do smoke a cigar maybe once or twice per decade, and I bought a few pound of Amish cigar tobacco from Pennsylvania years ago after I watched Jimmy Stewart hand-rolling a cigar in (I think) "Shenandoah". I rolled and smoked a couple of cigarillos with it and I still have most of it in a box somewhere. It should still be good, although dried out. I should find it and sell it to a friend who smokes cigarettes now that they've gotten so expensive.

I have grown tobacco as an ornamental before (and hoping the rabbits would try to eat it and die) Curing tobacco to make it good for smoking is something I have an slight interest in but probably won't ever try. Mainly because I don't smoke 😂 I actually do smoke a cigar maybe once or twice per decade, and I bought a few pound of Amish cigar tobacco from Pennsylvania years ago after I watched Jimmy Stewart hand-rolling a cigar in (I think) "Shenandoah". I rolled and smoked a couple of cigarillos with it and I still have most of it in a box somewhere. It should still be good, although dried out. I should find it and sell it to a friend who smokes cigarettes now that they've gotten so expensive.
I love a good cigar. But I can't let myself get too used to them. I have enough habits already

Hopefully that's not a controversial subject here
😡

It is.
One of the reasons why this board is so cultured.

We talk about culture here sometimes.

As far as resurrecting old threads, just do yourself a favor and don't just read the thread, also check how recently the people who participated the most have checked in and/or posted. It isn't really a rule, just good practice if you don't want to be disappointed at a lack of responses.

Also, we have rules / terms of service, there is a link at the bottom of every page. One rule is against " soliciting or promoting any criminal activity;". Marijuana possession and use is becoming a legal grey area. Don't be surprised if you see your posts about it disappear.

Latest posts

Back