What's the best online deal for a 55lb bag of Pale Malt?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picobrew

Biscuit Enthusiast
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the midst of switching to All grain and am excited to buy some stuff in bulk. Is there somewhere online that is a particularly good source for bags of grain, or would I be better off buying locally? I'm in Portland, OR, so there are a lot of grains in the city, but my LHBS is about the same price as online. Any suggestions?

+1 Brew Brothers - I was very pleased with my first purchase from them recently. Can't beat the prices if you go pick it up or order enough to get a delivery. And they just added hops & extracts.

This place looks great, and it is easy for me to pick it up. Does anyone have much experience with the great western malts? They are so much cheaper than Briess that it makes me wonder! NW Pale Ale malt sounds interesting.

Just picked up my 50lb bag of 2-row organic pale malt! Kinda funny driving up to a garage full of malt in a residential cul-de-sac, but hey, whatever works! Nice people and got what I wanted for cheap.

has anyone used the organic 2-row from great western?

Living here is southern Utah I haven't seen been able to find anything cheaper than Morebeer or Williams. I just used up the 50LB Great Western sack from Morebeer and really liked it. My 55 LB sake of Westcan from Williams will be here tomorrow.

Back