What's in your fermenter????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mt007432

Reaction score
Hi everyone, what's everyone fermenting right now??? I have a Medalla clone. It's a beer from Puerto Rico and I've always liked it, since I am from PR but I do not live there and it is very hard to find in the USA...so I decided to make a clone....Will bottle in about a week and I will be going to PR in 2 weeks and bringing some to compare. :mug: :ban:

medalla.jpg

Miller Lite Clone. Mine is a bucket so the picture wouldn't really help any.

Just brewed biermunchers wit without pepper and used t-58 yeast. Smelled amazing going into the fermenter.

Interesting. I won't judge you for being a fan of Medalla - I live in PR right now and I have drank a lot of Medalla. Nothing better at the beach! I'm homebrewing so I'll have access to something other than Medalla or Coors Light!

I currently do not have anything fermenting. I am trying to get Billy at Caribbean Brewing in Carolina to get a wheat beer recipe together for me.

My first shot at wine(from a kit) White Zinfandel
2013-02-14091849_zps3ae9d882.jpg

Also, a little 1/2 gallon experiment:
2013-03-0295172757_zpsedb92028.jpg

Apple Juice and sugar with regular old bread yeast. I picked up some wine yeast today and plan on doing another one identical to it with the wine yeast. ...I'm new to all this (especially wine) so I'm just messing around.

Yor title should read .... What is in your fermenters..,

Notice the plural.

Most of us have more than one going at alll times.

For those that have more than one going don't hesitate to share .. Lol... I've been busy with school and work so just one fermenter going but soon will have another 3 going...

Tupperwolf said:
Interesting. I won't judge you for being a fan of Medalla - I live in PR right now and I have drank a lot of Medalla. Nothing better at the beach! I'm homebrewing so I'll have access to something other than Medalla or Coors Light!

I currently do not have anything fermenting. I am trying to get Billy at Caribbean Brewing in Carolina to get a wheat beer recipe together for me.

I will be in PR in 2 weeks and can't wait to get a Medalla.

Gonefishin said:
I've never heard of Medalla. How about a recipe and some details?

Google is, it is a puertorican beer and so far I've only heard about selling in some parts of Florida, besides selling in PR.

Notice the plural.

He is correct sir!

I have 8 going as we speak, and will put up two batches tomorrow.

Fem #1 Outcrop Wheat
Fem #2 Bedrock Dark Hoppy Wheat
Fem #3 belgain white
Fem #4 Super malty low hop
Fem #5 Rock Hammer Red
Fem #6 Pyroclastic IPA
Fem #7 Arenaria Muscato
Fem #8 Ardesia Riesling
Fem #9 (Will be) Fools Gold Xtra Hard Lemondade
Fem #10 (will be) Hard Fruit punch experiment

Two blonde ales... one with Pilsner, the other 2-row
Two belgian trippels... One, my own recipe, the other a NB kit.
One NB Surly Cynic clone
One NB German Alt
Two Old Ales, one wheat, one Munich.

100_2846.jpg

Notice the plural.

Actully it shoul read, whats in your fermentors.

Fermentor is the vessel where fermentation happens.

Fermenter is the creature that does the fermentation.:D

Pumpkin ale and strawberry/ rhubarb ale. Pumpkin seems to have fully fermented in one day. Windsor ale yeast. Violent fermentation. I put the blow off on there right off the bat but it was so crazy that it pushed krausen out of the water/sanitizer jug. Still ended up with a mess. Shoulda had a blow off for my blow off :p

Back