What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#1 5.5 gal of hard cider

#2 5 gal of raspberry ale

#3 3.5 gal of robust porter

#4 4 gal of milk stout

Plus, I have 3 gal of Italian plum & apple cider that I am aging, trying to make it drinkable.

Just filled one with 5.5 gallons of a modified American Amber that is now a California Common. It may even be 6 gallons. I was considering a blowoff rig due to the minimal headspace.

Safety first! Lol

5 gal Still Smoken brown ale and a 2x IPA yet to be named.

I like to drink several beers before naming them :drunk:

5 gallons of American Wheat in my former kegerator turned temp-controlled Ferm chamber.

5 gallons of ESB that just started fermenting a lil bit ago. Got down to 60.2F overnight, so I covered it to warm it up a bit.

6 gallons of all mosaic belgian IPA
6 gallons of De Bom sour
6 gallons of Brett Brawl (ECY34)
5 gallons of RU55 clone
5 gallons of kriek
1 gallon sour saison
1 gallon brett saison
1 gallon brett buffalo sweat
1 gallon sour tripel
1 gallon brett tripel
1 gallon lambic

Dang. somebody's been busy! I took a few months off with a full pipeline & just brewed a batch yesterday. More ingredients coming soon for another.

Nothing in fermentors until next week. Have a 6pk of Rum Runner stout aging, an almost empty keg of cream ale, a keg of Irish Red and a keg of Caribou Slobber with coffee addition.

Will have a Vanilla Stout fermenting in my new FastFerment I got for Christmas for my first All-Grain batch.

Just moved 5 gallons of a double IPA from primary to secondary, where I'm dry hopping it. Currently at 6.3% ABV and about 90-95 IBUs. The ABV is a bit lower than planned, but the sample tasted amazing.

yellow is the new black saison
brett saison
sunny DIPA
Falcon punch amber ale
Otto Supreme saison
weizenbock
tripel Rye
to durnk too brew dubbel
PBW
and an Armadillo IPA currently trying to carb in keg

Guess what I was doing over New years vacation

Mine's been in primary 1 week. Will wait a few more days to see how it's doing. The last batch was done & clearing @ 10 days! S-04 is a beast...:ban:

Just filled my second fermenter with my first AG brew of 2015, my go to recipe of Cream of Three Crops! Hit my OG at 1.050 (est 1.049!)...

5 gallons of frozen Red Ale. Thawing out now for bottling. The unintentional Cold Crash Extreme.

5 gallons of frozen Red Ale. Thawing out now for bottling. The unintentional Cold Crash Extreme.

I actually thought about cold crashing my IRA outside, (-x degrees or so in Michigan now) but I thought it might be ruined if it froze

WARNING!!

Removing water in anyway is considered DISTILLING and is illegal in most places.

That being said I’ve done this many times. Cuff me

Depending on how cold you can get the keg or whatever vessel you’ll need to keep a close eye on it. This is because you want to continually remove the ice that forms on top concentrating the beer left. I keep a large SS ladle with holes in it in a bucket of cleaner and once every 2 hours I remove the ice until a gallon of water is removed from the 5 gal batch. Replace the air with Gas every time you open it up. Works like a charm.

I have done this to hoppy beers without losing much aroma. It does concentrate the bitters so be careful of what you start with or you’ll have a bitter bomb.

In my fermenters at this time we have a Scharz-bier (Dark German Lager), Brown Ale, and a DIPA.

WARNING!!

Removing water in anyway is considered DISTILLING and is illegal in most places.

That being said I’ve done this many times. Cuff me

Depending on how cold you can get the keg or whatever vessel you’ll need to keep a close eye on it. This is because you want to continually remove the ice that forms on top concentrating the beer left. I keep a large SS ladle with holes in it in a bucket of cleaner and once every 2 hours I remove the ice until a gallon of water is removed from the 5 gal batch. Replace the air with Gas every time you open it up. Works like a charm.

I have done this to hoppy beers without losing much aroma. It does concentrate the bitters so be careful of what you start with or you’ll have a bitter bomb.

In my fermenters at this time we have a Scharz-bier (Dark German Lager), Brown Ale, and a DIPA.

This is called fractional freeze distilling and is completely legal.

6 gallons of a White IPA.

WitWash.jpg

WitWash White IPA Hazy & Hoppy.jpg

This is called fractional freeze distilling and is completely legal.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f25/freeze-distilling-legal-268185/

there’s other post on it here and all have someone stating it’s not legal or diff from state to state. My experience with anything to do with alcohol, you’re not getting away with anything that involves them taking more money in taxes.

FYI, I spoke with a fed here in CT that wants his tax money. He assured me there was no way I could get away with that per the most regulated drug on the planet (alcohol) is taxable. I’m not a lawer so I couldn’t tell you. But I wouldn’t test the waters by screwing with the feds tax money.:mug:

Update on what I have in the pipeline

3 gals of Blueberry Mead
3 gals of Spontaneous fermented brew
5 gals of 100% Brett C Red Saison (about to dry hop with Citra)
5 gals of Farmhouse Saison (same wort as below)
5 gals of Sour Saison (same wort as above)
5 gals of Sour Stout 2.0
15 gals of Wild Bourbon Barrel Quad
2.5 gals of Peach Sour
2.5 gals of Kiwi Sour

Just bottled 5 gals of my Dirty Blonde Sour

Next up:
Another Brett C (dark brett beer)
Fruited sour with ECY 20
maybe a few clean beers if i decide on it :D

WARNING!!

What sfgoat said this is legal and still considered beer aka Tactial Nuclear Penguin from Brewdog and any Eisbock. Adding liquor or heat distilling is illegal. (adding Liquor for breweries but used spirit barrels are ok)

One small batch of something Belgian that I plan on using to trying my hand at souring. Fingers crossed it turns out good.

Update on what I have in the pipeline

3 gals of Blueberry Mead
3 gals of Spontaneous fermented brew
5 gals of 100% Brett C Red Saison (about to dry hop with Citra)
5 gals of Farmhouse Saison (same wort as below)
5 gals of Sour Saison (same wort as above)
5 gals of Sour Stout 2.0
15 gals of Wild Bourbon Barrel Quad
2.5 gals of Peach Sour
2.5 gals of Kiwi Sour

Just bottled 5 gals of my Dirty Blonde Sour

Next up:
Another Brett C (dark brett beer)
Fruited sour with ECY 20
maybe a few clean beers if i decide on it :D

Holy cow. How often do you brew? And how often do you drink what you brew?? ;)

I actually thought about cold crashing my IRA outside, (-x degrees or so in Michigan now) but I thought it might be ruined if it froze

Thawed out and tasted like flat beer. Several of the threads say it will be fine so I bottled. Should be delicious. Was extremely clear which is gonna be nice.

Holy cow. How often do you brew? And how often do you drink what you brew?? ;)

I brew maybe once or twice a month. Some months I do not brew at all. As you can see i brew a lot of wilds and sours so they sit for a while until they are ready to drink. A few of those above I brewed in '13. Cant have too many sours. I give and share a lot of my homebrew to get rid of it and to get feedback. Also that is not on tap currently. :rockin:

On tap:
Pilsner
IBL
Gose
Hard cider

I just moved my first attempt at a Belgian Dubbel into secondary :D This is only my second time using a secondary fermentation, and the siphoning stage of the first time was a disaster. It went a LOT smoother this time!

Plus, it smells amazing: dark and malty and boozy. I took a whiff of the primary vessel too when I'd gotten all the beer out, and it almost smelled like a shot of rum in there :drunk:

Latest posts

Back