What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Vigo_Carpathian

Reaction score
5 gal of EdWort Apfelwein
5 gal of EdWort Haus Ale
5 gal of Kabe's Secret APA
5 gal of Sierra Nevada Narwhal (at least I hope its a clone, I made up the recipe and haven't tasted it)

Wookey Jack is next!

kingogames

Reaction score
Do you seriously have a recipe for Wookey Jack?? Would you mind sharing? I love Firestone brews.

nicklepickles

Reaction score
6 gals of a session ipa i came up

Also just today bottled 6 gals of an american brown ale ive been trying to perfect. This is my third version, hoping for the best on this one!

Also also, a couple yeast experiment starters ive been playing with, notably an open-fermented jar of wort thats showing signs of some serious funk right now. :rockin:

Piratwolf

Reaction score
10gal Old Rasputin clone--supposed to be part of a Club Brew of 50gal going into a bourbon barrel. Problem is that it tastes so good, even at only 1/2 way to FG, that I don't want to give it up...

5gal Classic American Pilsner lagering

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the starter to cool down for my WLP029 German ale/kolsh yeast. I'll be pitching it on my version2 of Hopped & Confused ale. This yeast is supposed to give a clean,lager like flavor.

Piratwolf

Reaction score
unionrdr said:
I'm waiting for the starter to cool down for my WLP029 German ale/kolsh yeast. I'll be pitching it on my version2 of Hopped & Confused ale. This yeast is supposed to give a clean,lager like flavor.
I hope you'll post your results. I used that once for the same reason, but it came out with a significant yeast flavor (for a lager-ish yeast, that is). Haven't re-used it b/c I don't have the experience to know if it was my process or the yeast.

jonmohno

Banned
Reaction score
My Ranger like beer-didnt hit my OG so its gonna be 5%something. Just dryhopped some leaf-Cascades. I shure am a noob and sloppy/wastefull at trying to put them in my 3 gal.carboy.Guess I need some kind of wider holed funnel or somethin? Hopefully my keg will get shipped by this week-Midwest is blowing me off about it being backordered.My orderstatus says shipped yet they hand circled and said sorry with my order I received and said it is now backorderd-Sorry. Yet no word. Making me nervous. Not fun when your a kegging virgin. I was hoping to put my Pliny-like clone in it a week ago.

KeystoneHomebrew

Reaction score
10 gallon Belgian Pale using the White Labs Antwerp (5 gallons is going to get aged with Bruxx)
5 gallon Brown Porter

Biere De Mars conditioning in champagne bottles

Vinnyb722

Reaction score
American Wheat in secondary

Black Lager next
Gathering ingredients for a Blue Moon Clone

Belgian Ale
Chimay Red Label clone
Belgian Witbier
All on tap

Suminorudder

Reaction score
My beer pipeline looks like this right now:

Primary 1: bavarian hefeweizen kit.
Primary 2: air
Secondary 1: arrogant bastard clone kit.
Bottle conditioning: smooth and spicy rye IBA.

TXjayhawk

Reaction score
Primary #1: 3 gallons of Graff. Still bubbling after 1 week (about every 45 seconds). I took a gravity reading over the weekend at it was at 1.010. Tasted a bit tart and dry. Will this improve with age? Or do I need to back sweeten it?

Primary #2: 5 gallons of Blood Orange Hefeweizen brewed yesterday.

Dmlsys23

Reaction score
My Blue Moon clone kit from Austin Homebrewing. Smells fantastic! Can't wait until 2/23 when I take a sample for FG so I can taste it!

unionrdr

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Version 1 of Hopped & Confused in bottles 5 weeks,some in fridge. Just got version 2 in fermenter last night,bubbling slow & steady now. Tomorrow dark lager with German yeast/hops,& rauchmalt with a Cooper's Thomas Cooper's select Heritage Lager can. Since rauchbeirs are said to taste like liquid bacon,I'Ve named it "Pork Soda". :rockin:

one-L

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Two-Hearted Clone from this forum (4 oz of Centennial in boil, 2 oz more going into keg with beer today to dry hop...mmmmm.......Centennial.) Up next is Janet's Brown 3.0.

justkev52

Reaction score
Primary #1- Rambler Smoked Brown
Primary #2 - Belma APA
Primary #3 - Belma IPA
Keg #1 - Honey IPA
Keg #2 - English Pale
Keg #3 - Real Root Beer
Keg #4 - Empty :-(
On Deck - Irish Red

SudsyPaul

Reaction score
Primary #1 - Irish Red Rover
Primary #2 - Hoegaarden Clone pt1
Primary #3 - Apfelwein #1
Primary #4 - Apfelwein #2
Secondary #1 - Dogfish Head 60min IPA Clone
Bottled - Arkador's Dunkelweizen, Simple APA, Apfelwein #3
On Deck - Witbier, Honey Special Bitter, Arkador's Dunkelweizen (yes, moar!)

unionrdr

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Had a 2 brewday week this week. Got two partial mash beers done. Version 2 of my Hopped & Confused with changes in the hops,& ohcrap's Devil's Sidekick dark lager to which I added Haulertauer to his Czech saaz,& .5lb of weyermann's rauchmalt. I named my version Pork Soda. The wort smells & tastes like something grilled & toasty,but with that caramel buiscotti thing in there smoothing it out. Should be bloody good.

Enoch52

Reaction score
Started what was intended to be a series of five 1-gallon SMaSH's to learn about various hops (I ended up added carapils to the grain bill and used Magnum as the bittering hops to so I could make a better comparison of the flavor aroma).

So I've got 5 1-gallon IPA's:
* Simcoe
* Cascade
* Citra
* Mosaic
* Falconer's Flight