What's Happening in NJ? Releases, News, Gatherings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im sue there are plenty of people who know who did this,

He was right next to me while I waiting for my 1/2 growler. Lucky for me, he must have called ahead, because they were already filled.

I will say that since all, but two, of their beers are one offs, there should be some sort of daily limitation on purchases.

Oh well.

post script: I do not know who did this, just what he looks like.

I will say that since all, but two, of their beers are one offs, there should be some sort of daily limitation on purchases.

I wouldn't be opposed to this for any of the sour ales. They make so many one-offs that it would be unwieldy to limit everything, but for beers like Guillemot, The Thing, etc it would make sense to have a per person growler limit.

yea i understand someone wanting to get a few but thats a little extreme, i know they have not filled growlers of beer because of limited amounts

If my math checks out, it'd be the equivalent of purchasing a 1/4 keg. If you went in and asked for a quarter keg, you would be laughed out of the building. I'd be the one pointing, while doing said laughing.

If my math checks out, it'd be the equivalent of purchasing a 1/4 keg. If you went in and asked for a quarter keg, you would be laughed out of the building. I'd be the one pointing, while doing said laughing.

well thats the kool aid man

well thats the kool aid man
fa22f0c2_kool-aid-man-family-guy-gif-i9.gif

New Carton beer coming this weekend:

Carton Brewing's next small batch beer, Harvest 2013, will be released in the tasting room this Sunday, October 20. Look for it in places that get it starting Monday.

Harvest 2013 Mosaic
Rye Pale Ale
ABV: 6.2% | IBU: 50 | SRM: 4

Each autumn's hop harvest presents an opportunity to assess yearly variation in flavors. Some are broad across all the plants in a region, others are specific to unique clones and certain farms. Each fall we choose two different varieties to add to our Harvest Ale. The first we receive straight off the bines and add it wet in the whirlpool. The second we add whole cone as a dry hop. Our base is a simple pale with a touch of rye spiciness to be seasonally appropriate with enough heft to support the selected hops while otherwise existing to flaunt the year's crop's nuances. Harvest 2013 was wet hopped with Mosaic from B.T. Loftus Ranches, Inc. and dry hopped with Citra also from B.T. Loftus Ranches. Drink Harvest because it is a fresh taste of things to come.

Looking for Schlafly TIPA this week. Please post if you encounter it in your travels. Thanks!

i grabbed at delran canals yesterday, i think it was 12.49 a sixer, but it was bottled 10/18/13,

they also had founders harvest single bottles at 4.99, or something, stupid

also, pennsauken canals has pretty fresh maine lunch, bottled 10/04/13

i grabbed at delran canals yesterday, i think it was 12.49 a sixer, but it was bottled 10/18/13,

they also had founders harvest single bottles at 4.99, or something, stupid

also, pennsauken canals has pretty fresh maine lunch, bottled 10/04/13

Sweet. Thank you sir!

Any of you North/Central BT's around on Saturday, I am headed to the Coppermine Pub. Nothing going on there, just figured I would invite you to stop by.

Just as a note that GI Juliet/Lolita etc have made it to Burlco in NJ

Picked up today at JC Marlton, with Sip-N-Save 5% off they had cheapest prices I could find.. think Lolita came to $17.09 before tax, Wegmans Mt Laurel had it at $18.99, think JC Delran had it at $20 something, think Maro had it at $18.99 too. Think it hit on Fri/Sat so should still be around for a few days for anybody looking for the sisters. Moo Hoo was also at JC Marlton.. think that was coming this week, if not then who knows when it came in

Just as a note that GI Juliet/Lolita etc have made it to Burlco in NJ

Saw them at Spirits in Red Bank over the weekend.

Juliet $21.39
Gillian $25.69
Halia $19.79
Lolita $16.99

I've really liked Juliet and Lolita in the past and want to try the two new ones but just couldn't pull the trigger at the price points when I have so many great sours to get through at home and my Crooked Stave allotment on the way :)

According to Twitter, Hunterdon is will be getting in Stone Southern Charred, Crime, and Punishment and will update everyone when they arrive if you're interested in burning your tongue off.

They're also receiving Terrapin White Chocolate.

All 4 GI Sisters were in Ocean County this weekend, $105 for a set, not sure of the breakdown at Girard's. I didn't buy any in Philly since they were ranging from $25 (Lolita) to $40 (Gillian).

Saw them at Spirits in Red Bank over the weekend.

Juliet $21.39
Gillian $25.69
Halia $19.79
Lolita $16.99

I've really liked Juliet and Lolita in the past and want to try the two new ones but just couldn't pull the trigger at the price points when I have so many great sours to get through at home and my Crooked Stave allotment on the way :)
The RB spirits was out of everything except Juliet and Lolita (2 of each) as of last night.

Kane is releasing Sea Change and Apiary Brett on Saturday in 750ml bottles. 4 per person limit for each. If you went to the 2nd anniversary party/release for 730, you know how good these beers are.

Kane is releasing Sea Change and Apiary Brett on Saturday in 750ml bottles. 4 per person limit for each. If you went to the 2nd anniversary party/release for 730, you know how good these beers are.

Also - $14 per bottle, 75 cases of each available, NO distro.

I really want to be there but will prob have to miss out.

I can only hope it will last til the following weekend, but not holding my breath

I can only hope it will last til the following weekend, but not holding my breath

That's 900 bottles of each, so at a four/person maximum 225 people would have to max out allocations of both to sell out on Saturday. I think there's a decent chance at least one of them survives the day.

That's 900 bottles of each, so at a four/person maximum 225 people would have to max out allocations of both to sell out on Saturday. I think there's a decent chance at least one of them survives the day.

True neither have BA in front of their name. Still can't believe that many people lined up for BA Morning Bell

"With Brettanomyces" is definitely starting to rival the hype-boosting power of "Bourbon Barrel Aged."

Agreed. But when was the last time you saw people chasing trucks for a Brett beer ala KBS/CBS

I'll host. TalkBeer.com get together. Everyone bring a whale.I'll open a Rare, Ann, or something

i ll attend, depending on date and availability, and depending on what i have whale worthy, but u guys know i fill figure something out, or just fall

Kane Brewing Company
Tomorrow, Wednesday 11/20 at 4pm, Brickwall Tavern & Dining Room in Asbury Park will be tapping 4 of our very rare kegs:

SEA CHANGE - 100% brettanomyces fermented pale ale
APIARY BRETT - honey saison re-fermented with brettanomyces
SOUR BLONDE - tart Belgian-style ale aged in oak barrels
VERGER de PECHERS - Belgian-style ale aged in oak barrels with New Jersey peaches

All are extremely limited and it will be the very first tapping of Verger de Pechers. Hope to see you there!

Anyone going? I think I am stopping by right at 4 to try a few before heading home!

Kane Brewing Company
Tomorrow, Wednesday 11/20 at 4pm, Brickwall Tavern & Dining Room in Asbury Park will be tapping 4 of our very rare kegs:

SEA CHANGE - 100% brettanomyces fermented pale ale
APIARY BRETT - honey saison re-fermented with brettanomyces
SOUR BLONDE - tart Belgian-style ale aged in oak barrels
VERGER de PECHERS - Belgian-style ale aged in oak barrels with New Jersey peaches

All are extremely limited and it will be the very first tapping of Verger de Pechers. Hope to see you there!

Anyone going? I think I am stopping by right at 4 to try a few before heading home!
Yeah I've got to get there for the pechers. Hopefully will be there right at 4.

In case anyone is looking for the new GI stuff, they have Gillian/Halia/Juliet/Lolita in stock right now at Totowa Wine & Bev Depot as well as Spirit of 76 in Manasquan.

Back