What's going on here? Stuck fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cricca

Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea what might have happened here? Pitched the yeast 19 hours ago. Over night, it has obviously been fermentation but now it's no activity at all. No bubbles or activity in the fermenter? The yeast is WLP090

Attachments

• 20190106_103610.jpg
    20190106_103610.jpg
    703.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 20190106_103605.jpg
    20190106_103605.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 65
Fermonster lids are notorious for not sealing well. You likely have a small leak. When the fermentation was very active there was enough CO2 being produced to both leak out and bubble in your blow off flask. Now fermentation has slowed enough that it can all escape through the leak which offers less resistance. Don't worry about it. Just let it ferment. Wait for the krausen to fall and yeast to flocculate and drop out.

I use Keg Lube on the O ring to keep mine from leaking.

Fermonster lids are notorious for not sealing well. You likely have a small leak. When the fermentation was very active there was enough CO2 being produced to both leak out and bubble in your blow off flask. Now fermentation has slowed enough that it can all escape through the leak which offers less resistance. Don't worry about it. Just let it ferment. Wait for the krausen to fall and yeast to flocculate and drop out.

Oh ok! It's my third time using it, I thought they would be really sealed... I can also see now that the krausen is getting bigger and there is more activity going on in there now :)

Now i see the leak :), thank you!

Attachments

• 20190106_163827.jpg
    20190106_163827.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 39
Back