What's a good size for a lagaring fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
I would like to start making some lagers, and of course need a fridge for it. What would be a good size to look at? I'll prob only be doing one at a time, and I use my Sanyo fridge for my kegerator (what's that, a 4.2 cu ft?). But if anyone knows any good models to recommend, please let me know.
Thanks!

If you have the space, I'd suggest a chest freezer with a temp controller. They take some time and you say you'll probably only do one at a time, but I'd see myself getting impatient and wanting to do more.

That said, I have a Sanyo with a shelf cut out that a 6.5 gallon carboy fits in. It is snug, but it works.

I've got a standard upright fridge, with a freezer on top. It was given to me by a friend and had to be cleaned, but hey...it was free. It's a Whrlpool, maybe 10 yrs old, not sure about the cu ft though....about 5 1/2 ft tall. I removed the crisper shelves on the bottom and built a shelf out of 2 sheets of 1/2" plywood, and some 2x4's to support the weight of a carboy or two. So far so good!

Latest posts

Back