Quantcast

What's a good end of summer beer?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

KendallAdkins

Reaction score
I brew every other Saturday, so 4 weeks from yesterday I am going to brew a Pumpkin Ale for the start of fall (which I stated in another thread if you'd like to give advice on that), but I need an end of summer beer to slide in between that and the Breakfast Stout (I know, not very summery) that I brewed yesterday.

Any tips? Thinking maybe a citrus blonde.

OP
KendallAdkins

KendallAdkins

Reaction score
RIS. stout season: go big or go home.
I mean, as delicious as a good Russian is, that doesn't really scream summer. Plus, I just brewed a Breakfast Stout, and I brew every two weeks so I have a new beer to drink every two weeks. Not sure my waistline would appreciate a month straight of heavy stouts.

Hello

Reaction score
You want summer and then you say end of summer.

Anyway, I'd probably do a real nice nut brown ale then.

OP
KendallAdkins

KendallAdkins

Reaction score
You want summer and then you say end of summer.

Anyway, I'd probably do a real nice nut brown ale then.
Maybe I worded it poorly. I want one last summer beer before I switch to fall and winter.

cheesehed007

Reaction score
Maybe some sorta Wheat beer. I'm drinking my Blackberry Wheat now and it's fitting nicely on a sticky late August night.

Sent from my van, down by the river.

OP
KendallAdkins

KendallAdkins

Reaction score
Maybe some sorta Wheat beer. I'm drinking my Blackberry Wheat now and it's fitting nicely on a sticky late August night.

Sent from my van, down by the river.
That might be an awesome idea actually. I haven't done a fruit or a wheat beer yet. 2 birds with one beer..err stone.

Iceman2197

Reaction score
Just finished brewing mine. A nice Belgium wit.
Can't go wrong with a good wheat beer for summer or end of summer.

Billy-Klubb

HBT Berry Puncher
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I mean, as delicious as a good Russian is, that doesn't really scream summer. Plus, I just brewed a Breakfast Stout, and I brew every two weeks so I have a new beer to drink every two weeks. Not sure my waistline would appreciate a month straight of heavy stouts.
alright then, how about a Belgian Quad? or a RIS?

Braufessor

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
American Amber Ale.... Hoppy, West Coast style. Great beer to drink in the fall.

Or, if you are not a big fan of hops, something like an alt would be a bit more malty/balanced. Again, a nice amber beer for fall.

Weezy

Reaction score
I'm planning an Oaty Amber and a Baltic Porter...mmmmmmmmmmm :)

Reaction score
Here in VA the end of summer might as well just be summer-lite. The temperature is 85F and the water is 78F. A nice low alcohol pale ale goes great with it all. Throw in some hops that you think have a nice citrus flavor and there you go.

Skeptidelphian

Reaction score
Late summer to me demands a transition towards fall beer styles. So instead of the pure lawnmower beers you drink in July, something a little maltier but not your typical fall ESB/brown ales/porters. Maybe an amber ale or a best bitter. I think a saison would do nicely as well.