Whatcha Drinkin...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Sudster

Reaction score
So, what's everyone drinkin tonight. I am layin done some Full Sail ...What's your pleasuire?

Man this is a sad thread. I'd tell you what I've been drinking, but it's 3:15 here, and I'd feel like an alchy.

Well, alright. I had two Amber Ales, a Five Barrel Pale Ale (Odell), a Thunderhead IPA (Pyramid), and an Oatmeal Java, which I'm tempted to rename "The Juice."

How is that pyramid IPA? I almost bought some last night, but went with Bridgeport ESB instead. Yeah, that's what I drank and one of my IPA's and one of my Dortmunders.

Presently I'm drinking one of the last of my first Wee Heavies. I already had an Avery Old Jubilation, and a pint of dunkel weizen, and a little too mucha Tuaca. :drunk: I need to rack my cream stout to secondary, but I may just go to sleep. :D

dancingbarefoot said:
Belhaven Scottish Ale. :D

(Any recommended clone recipes or extract kits for that, btw?)
There's a recipe for that in Clone Brews...give me a sec and I'll post it for you.

El Pistolero said:
There's a recipe for that in Clone Brews...give me a sec and I'll post it for you.

Thanks, El P! :)

Oh, I'm drinking my first brew, too (a stout). Good stuff, though I never named it. Hm...

dancingbarefoot said:
Thanks, El P! :)

Oh, I'm drinking my first brew, too (a stout). Good stuff, though I never named it. Hm...
You have to name it! Hold the glass out about two foot in front of your face, and say to it (in a loud clear voice), "What is your name, please". Give it a couple of seconds and the name will come to you. This also works for pets. :D

El Pistolero said:
You have to name it! Hold the glass out about two foot in front of your face, and say to it (in a loud clear voice), "What is your name, please". Give it a couple of seconds and the name will come to you. This also works for pets. :D

Everything I came up with sounded lame. :(

billybrew said:
How is that pyramid IPA? I almost bought some last night, but went with Bridgeport ESB instead. Yeah, that's what I drank and one of my IPA's and one of my Dortmunders.

It's ok. Not a great one, but for the price, it's a good go to a party beer. I actually thought the Five Barrel Pale Ale had a better hop essence to it, even though it isn't an IPA.

dancingbarefoot said:
Everything I came up with sounded lame. :(
The point is, you don't come up with it...the beer does. Just relax, have a homebrew, and feel the beer girl! :D

El Pistolero said:
The point is, you don't come up with it...the beer does. Just relax, have a homebrew, and feel the beer girl! :D

I guess... :eek:

I was thinking of Sif Stout way back in November, and even made up a very basic label:

siflabel3ra.gif

(yes, I know, graphic design is not my strength). Sif was the goddess of grain/fertility (wife of Thor), with long golden hair (like me). Seemed appropriate to be something grain-related. Trouble is, no one knows who she is.

Right now I'm sampling a bottle of Mississippi Mud (Black & Tan) that friends gave me.

What on earth do they make this stuff out of??

Can't say I've ever tasted anything like it. This is must be one of those aquired taste kind of deals....

dancingbarefoot said:
I guess... :eek:

I was thinking of Sif Stout way back in November, and even made up a very basic label:

siflabel3ra.gif

(yes, I know, graphic design is not my strength). Sif was the goddess of grain/fertility (wife of Thor), with long golden hair (like me). Seemed appropriate to be something grain-related. Trouble is, no one knows who she is.

But the thing is, if she's so cool that someone named a beer after her, she must be cool. Thus, people will be compelled to learn about her. Do you think anyone knew who the hell Pliny the Elder was before he had a beer named after him? Hell no! It's a cool name. I like it.

Back on topic....I'm drinking a New Belgium 1554. Not too shabby. I'm about to have a glass of Johnnie Walker Black, though. It's been a long week.

Sam75 said:
But the thing is, if she's so cool that someone named a beer after her, she must be cool. Thus, people will be compelled to learn about her.

Hehe. Point taken. Sif Stout it is, then! :D

Johnny Walker Black?? Man, I wish I was hanging out with you right now. I'm drinking some Oatmeal Java "The Juice" stout and I had another St. Peters Cream Stout. Man that is some good stout. They say they use challenger and fuggles, but I want to see if I can find some kind of clone recipe that tells more about the grain bill. It's just good stout.

rewster451 said:
Johnny Walker Black?? Man, I wish I was hanging out with you right now. I'm drinking some Oatmeal Java "The Juice" stout and I had another St. Peters Cream Stout. Man that is some good stout. They say they use challenger and fuggles, but I want to see if I can find some kind of clone recipe that tells more about the grain bill. It's just good stout.

St.Peters...Hmm...I saw that the other day and almost got one--but I was already over my allowance so I said--next time. Hopefully they still have some.

well, i split my Ruination IPA w/ a friend while he nrewed today, and i must say i was underwhelmed by it. good, but no better than the Hopzilla at Two Rows. the Racer 5 IPA was better IMHO.

then had some more Red Bird Ale and now a Sanit Arnold's Winter Stout.

dancingbarefoot said:
Sif was the goddess of grain/fertility (wife of Thor)
Funny, I thought I knew all about Thor and Odin and Loki, but I don't remember Sif being mentioned in any of his comics. ;)

Thor checks in here on a regular basis (he apparently moved from Norway to North Texas), so maybe he'll give us some more info on his family tree.

El Pistolero said:
Funny, I thought I knew all about Thor and Odin and Loki, but I don't remember Sif being mentioned in any of his comics. ;)

Must've missed those comics. Not a big comic book fan, really.

Sif was Thor's wife, with golden hair down to her knees (some sources say longer). Loki cut it off, and Thor was outraged (they don't mention whether Sif was mad or not, oddly enough). Thor demanded that Loki replace her hair, so Loki got someone to spin real gold into new hair for her. I thought it fitting since I also have knee-length golden hair (though the 'goddess' part is hard act to follow!). ;)

On-topic: tonight I'll be enjoying some more Belhaven. :drunk:

El Pistolero said:

Thor checks in here on a regular basis (he apparently moved from Norway to North Texas), so maybe he'll give us some more info on his family tree.
What ? there's another ancester in Texas...must be my cousin 62 times removed.Yeah, I have my great, great, great, great ,great grandfathers hammer hanging around my neck. My great grandfather was a ship builder in Norway..(Say that holding the tip of your tongue) but I only like the rape and pillage part of my ancestory. Didn't know ggggggg grandma liked barley.

Back