What yeast should I use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettwasbtd

Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of us have trouble determinining what yeast to use and I believe part of that is cause there are so many choices! This is why I went about compiling all the yeast data out there into a searchable table.

Some of you may have already seen the thread I started in the Fermentation and Yeast forum, but I wanted to place the link here, as well as put up some pictures, so it might help more people like it has me.

All of the yeast strains have a description field which is visible when you hover your mouse (double tap on mobile) over the yeast name. If the yeast manufacturer included style recommendation than it will be included in this bubble as well.

Use the search bar to search for style like Conan, the famous yeast of The Alchemist's Heady Topper, or a style like American Lager to narrow down your options. Where applicable there are also comparable strains by other company's if your local home brew shop does not carry a particular brand.

Searching for Conan
2-conan-search.PNG

Searching for American Lager
1-americanLager-Search.PNG

Searching for any yeast that compares to or references WLP002
1-WLP002-Search.PNG

Please take a look and let me know if I missed anything so I can keep the list up to date.

http://www.shegoguebrew.com/p/yeast-strains.html

Look good. Always looking for comparison charts. Have you looked into Gervin and Mauri yeast strains? Im not sure how common they are across the pond but theyre quite common, IMO, in the uk and good all round strains

Seems operable.. gonna toy around with it a bit more. Nice work!

Handy chart. Saved it for future reference!

Thanks!

Look good. Always looking for comparison charts. Have you looked into Gervin and Mauri yeast strains? Im not sure how common they are across the pond but theyre quite common, IMO, in the uk and good all round strains

I will look into these as I haven't heard if them here. Thanks!

I just got a blocker from google about that link. Malware attackers are infesting the site & might download some nasties into your computer....

Back