What would you reccomend next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon O

Knapsnatchio
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I made the Malkore version of JAOM, 1 gallon batch.
I made the strawberry cabana mead in the recipe section here.

I now have a 3.5 gallon bottle available.
I want to make a mead that will age well in an american oak barell. I don't know the difference between french oak and american but I lean towards amercian naturally.....it just sounds more manly.

IF I were going onto oak...Look at the recipe for the Leap Year mead in my recipe section. I would not add the vanilla until after the oaking because Oak will impart vanilla flavors. This...or any think along these lines with a fairly high alcohol content will oak and age very well.

I would only caution against using any Super Varietal Honey...They might just cover up the light oak flavor...depending on how much and how long you age on the wood. Also I'd avoid the urge to add fruits of any kind.

ya, i won't be using any fruits. I am gonna snag one of those 5 gallon barrels, now I gotta do some research about what toast to get.

Latest posts

Back