What would you pay for this find?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
6.5 gallon carboy with the red handle thingy, 2 corney kegs, one barely used, one "given to me by a buddy, never used it", 2-gauge regulator, 5lb CO2 tank various lengths of hose and an aluminum 40 qt brew kettle (not interested in this... scrap price?)

No, don't scrap the brew kettle!!! It's had such a happy life brewing and you're just gonna kill it! Haha JK But if you're near the LA area, I might be interested in buying it.
Oh and Cornys go for 20-30 (used) anymore is a ripoff
reg for 45-50 new
co2 about 50-60 new, but pretty sure you can find one used for about 35
hoses are cheap enough
Kettle really depends on the thickness of the aluminum, but probably 30-50 dollars
All prices are from the top of my head so I could be wrong on a couple.

Thats true, but the Aluminum...blarg!
Homebrewing.org has a kit with a 3.5 # tank for $130. You can get a second unreconditioned keg for $18 and the carboys cost about $35 around here. Brew kettle unfortunatly is worth what someone else or the scrap dealer will give me for it. So $180 to buy new, I should offer $100?
(I am new to this all, but having a lot of fun!)

Thanks for your advice. I don't want to have to bottle. It would be nice to have a choice and the wife says "go for it" as she is all gung ho about the tasty home brew. Anyone else want to put in there 2 cents? What would you pay for a used carboy? Tank? ect? I just don't know the going rate yet and don't want to get ripped off!

Back