What would you pay for Grolsch bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzoflick

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to pick up up to 60 Grolsch bottles locally for $1.25 each. Would you all pay this much for these bottles?

You can have all my Grolsch style bottles for FREE. PM me, pay the shipping, send me a couple bottles of homebrew and they are yours. If you're really serious I'd be glad to count them all up and let you know.

Glibbidy said:
You can have all my Grolsch style bottles for FREE. PM me, pay the shipping, send me a couple bottles of homebrew and they are yours. If you're really serious I'd be glad to count them all up and let you know.

I am interested in them if no one else is, I do not have any beer made yet. I am still deployed overseas. How many bottles do you have?

Also intersted in the ones from Orlando too if you want to share the source.
They are the flip style bottles right?

You would be spending $5 for 4 bottles! You can go to the store and spend $8 for 4 bottles and they come with a half gallon of beer!!

I posted this ad on craigslist for my grolsch bottles. I figured an enterprising all grain brewer who can make a beer for about 50 cents can get 6 of them from me for about a buck. Anyone buying me commercial beer will only wind up getting about 2 for a buck. Lets be clear though this is trading bottles, not selling or bartering with beer, I just won't take any empty bottles from people... ;)

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bar/470652781.html

I've been buying Moosbacher Beer's lately. They charge me $3.59 a pint! That's some bull****. I've also been stocking up on Sam Adams Oktoberfest since they have a lot of it and don't seem to sell much. Down here people don't like to buy beer off the shelf...

I don't think there is a need to buy bottles at all. Buy some beer, and leave your brew in the "clearing tank" until the bottles clear up. ;)

For green bottles? I'd pay...nothing! There are some nice (rarer) German bottles that are brown and swing-top. I have probably a dozen of the 1-liter growlers too, which rock. But I hardly ever use green bottles.

Almost all of my grolsch bottles are brown, I only have a few green. They are not actually grolsch bottles, but some other type of swing top, about half of them don't even have the raised glass labels. They are not hard to find and exceptionally cheap if you wait for the proper deal.

Grolsch bottles used to be brown, the caps were ceramic, not plastic. I probably have about a hundred of the brown ones. I use them for big beers that I want to put away for awhile.
AP

Fischer bottles work real well. They are a little bigger than grolsh bottles. Im drinkings some maibock from one right now.:rockin:

Ok I don't get it. Back when I was bottling, the Grolsch bottles were all I used, because they were easy to seal and held a full pint instead of 12 oz. How come you guys hate them so much? I loved 'em!

If it's because they're green, it's not an issue. I keep all my bottles in a dark room, and in a box.

All the Grolsch bottles I have were either obtained by going to a local bar and asking them to save for me or by going to the local recycling center and picking them up there. The ones from the bar cost me $.05 each. The ones from the recycling center cost me $.10.

Most of my beer bottles are flip style bottles, I was looking for bottles for my Father-in-law, he doesnt care what color they are, because he keeps them in a dark basement anyways.

All my flippies, are ceramic top, brown colored. I just dont get stationed in Germany anymore to get more.

I am thinking about kegging anyways, if its is cheaper in the long run, why not? I can always pick up a cheap fridge to convert over for the keg.

jfrizzell said:
All the Grolsch bottles I have were either obtained by going to a local bar and asking them to save for me or by going to the local recycling center and picking them up there. The ones from the bar cost me $.05 each. The ones from the recycling center cost me $.10.
Oh that would be sweet! I'd love to get my hands on some just because they're cool .

Given a choice, I'd use the flip tops for everything.

Problem is, I live in a small town, I doubt if the local bars have even heard of Grolsch or Fischer.

Craigslist is pretty much a bust in the area. I did get 50 assorted wine bottles for $10, though.

Without any kind of local source, I am left with ordering them, and with the fliptops costing 3 times as much as regular beer bottles, the SWMBO can't see spending the extra.

I also don't do beer, so color is not a big deal. Where are people finding blue anyways?

I got mine from the local redemption center for .25 each.. Could probably get them for free if you get to know the guys and keep them beered up.

SpamDog

Back