What would you do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nugent

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I guess that I was overzealous in kegging a stout that I made about a month ago.

I stupidly didn't try it when putting from the secondary to the keg. I put it on the gas for a few days and had a sampler - still very green and is still quite bitter; needs more time to mellow out IMO. It was only on the gas for about 48 hrs. at 10 psi between 35-45 F. Right now it's sitting on the deck off the gas.

Would you:

(a) leave it in the keg on the deck (it's in the low 40s during the day and in the mid 30s at night right now)?
(b) leave it in the keg, but bring it inside (68-70 deg. all day)?
(c) rack it back into a carboy and put it in a corner for a few more weeks? (this would be my preference - frees up a keg)

Also, should I put it back on the gas or not, if putting it back in a carboy is a bad idea?

Thoughts? :mug:

Just another excuse to buy another keg. Dont rack it again and expose it if you don't have to.

seconded!

Bring it in and let it sit. I have a honey blonde that was pretty meh a month ago when I tried it. Now it's mellowed out and is the best beer I have on tap now!

B

I agree, B is your best option. Bring it inside and let it sit for a few weeks.

Back