what would you do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you try to return it?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Elfmaze

Reaction score
Ok so we found a camera in the middle of the street in front of my friends house. A cannon S5 IS still has the factory batteries in it. This is a camera model i have been looking at for a year or so but have never been able to afford a nice camera. BUT We were looking thru the pictures. Standard kids b day type pictures. and we saw who we believe to be the old lady next door playing the grandma roll. We also noticed a strange dog next door which would support a visiting family.

Do i keep the damn thing and make good use of it. They have already gotten over loosing it.... And we haven't positively ID'ed it as mystery family members.

Or do i open communication and offer it back.

Maby i should do a poll. LOL

Give it back..

If I lost my camera and someone found it I would hope they would return it.

Gotta give it back man. You could never really enjoy it anyway.

This is an opportunity for you to experience the feeling you get from doing the right thing. Compared to doing that other thing, it rocks.

I'd say give it back too. A random act of kindness and honesty will go a long way. Who knows you might even feel good about doing it.

lol my HBT conscience appears to all agree so far

For good reason.
thumbsup.gif

To be honest... My conscience would have to look at the pics content first.

Pics of fratbuddies playing beer pong and writing on their passed out friends faces with a sharpie... I'd keep the camera.

Pictures of granny at the kid's birthday party... you gotta track down the owner and give it back.

To be honest... My conscience would have to look at the pics content first.

Pics of fratbuddies playing beer pong and writing on their passed out friends faces with a sharpie... I'd keep the camera.

Pictures of granny at the kid's birthday party... you gotta track down the owner and give it back.

hm. good point

give it back, but first use the camera to take photos of random people...just to screw with them a bit. just because you're doing the right thing doesn't mean you can't have fun doing it!

(note: I would refrain from taking any compromising photos, especially since grandma or the kids might see them once the camera is returned! :D )

maybe finding the camera is a karmic return for something good you did prior. however, karma is indeed a *****, so it could also be a trap!

+1 Karma.

Aside from the camera, teh family may be upset about losing the bday pics (you never know).

idk how long it's been, but if they've already replaced the camera, maybe you could offer to buy it, after explaining your affinity for that particular model. Give them a good sob story about money being tight. Between that and the act of returning the camera, you may get a hell of a deal!

Hey i got two votes for no! Good enough for me! Lol, i left a note in the old ladies mailbox last night. I guess ill see if i get a call today. Ultimatly if i lost my camera, esp a brand new one. It might hang in my head for a while. And ultimatly like one of the guys back there said. I'd never be able to really appriciate it if i didn't try giving it back first. I don't believe in Karma. But i don't want to piss it off either. Alot of good people in here it would seem :ban:

Some friends of ours had a bank mixup that cost them hundreds of dollars. Next thing they know their cable's cut off, they can't make rent, can't buy groceries, etc.

We scraped up what cash we had and managed to send them 50 bucks to help get them through the month until things get straightened out.

Two weeks later, we get a letter from the unclaimed property department at the state. Said I had a thousand dollars coming to me for unpaid wages from a previous job. I claimed it and it was in my bank account 5 days later.

Karma ROCKS!

Latest posts

Back