What will this taste like?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BreezyBrew

IPA is my spirit animal
Reaction score
I don't think this beer really fits a style, other than Maibock, but fruiter. Here it is:

10 lbs 2 row
3.5 lbs Munich
1 lb caramel 20
.25 lb caramel 40

1 Oz Pearl @60
.5 Oz Sterling @15
.5 oz Sterling @5

OG 1.070
Denny's Fav 50

Distilled water with 2 g gypsum 2 g CaCl4 1 g Epsom per 5 gal

Thoughts would be appreciated!

It will taste like its components, really sweet from that much caramel malt, a little bready from the munich, and with noble hops aroma. I would reduce the crystal to maybe a half pound. It won't be like a maibock because of the English yeast too. Maibock uses lager yeast, English ale yeast produces esters.

Thanks for the input guys. Never thought about old ale, but after looking at some recipes, it does look similar.

Interesting. After the first week of fermentation it was still rather sweet and it read 1.020. Took a gravity reading after 3 weeks, and still in the same spot. It's still in the primary after 3 weeks. The taste is rather "muddy" for lack of a better term, and isn't sweet any longer. The flavors just kind of all blend together. Not really what I was expecting at all. Fermented at 65 for 2 weeks than 68.

Any chance age would help this issue?

Latest posts

Back