What was I thinking, that doesn't go in there!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkbrew

Reaction score
I ordered two extract kits at once and today I brewed the first one, or so I thought......

I totally mixed up the ingredients!!!

The kit was supposed to be just an american light beer. But read what I ended up putting in it, anybody have an idea of what type of beer I will end up with?:drunk:

3 LB Extra Pale Extract
3 LB Brewers Corn Syrup
1 Lb Corn Sugar

2/3 oz Mt Hood bittering hops for 60 minutes
1/3 oz Mt Hood hops for aroma last 5 minutes of the boil.

Pitched WLP840 American Pilsner Lager yeast?

I have no idea what to call this monster......

Not sure what to call it but when it ferments out it will definitely get you there wether you put it in you or in you gas tank.

it will be a moderate gravity american beer. what ingredients exactly did you mix up? i'm a little surprised that there is a pound of corn sugar in that.

it will be a moderate gravity american beer. what ingredients exactly did you mix up? i'm a little surprised that there is a pound of corn sugar in that.

I had 2 pails:

One had 3 Lb Extra Pale Extract & 3 LB Corn Syrup

The other had just 3 1/2 Lb Extra Pale Extract.

I wasn't paying attention and added the wrong pail, I think this is the only time I have ever brewed completly sober... Just goes to show you, you should always have a couple beers before you start your brew day:mug:

The kit was from Austin Homebrew Supply , American Light Lager.
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_452_378_379&products_id=299

I wonder how it will taste? I'll let ya know in a few weeks.

BTW the OG was around 1.048.

and 3 pounds of corn syrup, isn't that just corn sugar in syrup form?
so thats 3lb malt extract & 4 lbs corn sugar.
Sounds like moderate abv and light body/flavour, lawnmower beer?

That would be great!

Take my opinions with a grain of salt, when I say light I mean very light. Don't bin it but I would make sure its been in bottles for a while and it it is nice and cold when drunk to hide any off flavours that won't be hidden because of the very low malt content. :mug:

[QUOTaaE=mattd2;2231802]Take my opinions with a grain of salt, when I say light I mean very light. Don't bin it but I would make sure its been in bottles for a while and it it is nice and cold when drunk to hide any off flavours that won't be hidden because of the very low malt content. :mug:[/QUOTE]

Ooh maybe not so good.
Ooh t

Looking back through the post that the malt/syrup was for an american light lager, adding another pound of sugar probably won't effect it to badly.
This is definatly a case for RDWAHHB :mug:

Basically what I did was add an extra pound of corn sugar to my my Mexican pilsner, oh yeah and used the wrong hops.

Whoops lite, I like that. I thought maybe
Summer FUB (f'd up beer) but whoops lite has nice ring to it! I hope it's not tangy. I was really just wanting a hot day, back porch beer.

Just an update to all who replied to this thread. Whoops Lite is awesome!

I think it is one of the best beers I have brewed, not bitter at all and has a clean finish, I think I'll brew it again! :ban:

What would I add to give it just a little more body? Biscuit malt?
Just needs a little more on the flavor side.....

Back