What type of hops should I grow?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jccraig

Reaction score
I am hoping to plant a 3-6 rhizones in the next week. Wondering what species of plants I should grow. I typically brew porters, stouts, reds, and IPAs. Any tips/suggestions would be great. Thanks!

You might have missed the bus. You want hops in at the beginning of May, no later than June 1. You might want to wait till next year.

However, the range of beers you listed take all different kind of hops.

Saaz, Cascade, Centenial, Golding, Tettengers, Pearle.......list goes on.....look at your recipes of what you use and go from there.......

If you decide to plant, good luck!!

My brewing partner planted Cascade a few years ago. The damn things went APE and are now just HUGE! He gets not ounces from his yearly harvests but pounds. I am in my second year of Williamette and they too are starting to get nuts!

Go ahead and plant them to get the root system established, but don't expect much of a harvest on them this year, if any.I would try Nugget, Cascade, Northern Brewer, Chinook, Magnum.

Latest posts

Back