What to new this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob1006

Reaction score
I cannot decides folks! Wit, Irish stout, Octoberfest, maybe a lager made with the San Fran ale yeast.

I can't ferment any lower than 56°.

Chimay Red Clone is on my 'To-do' list this weekend. Grains are crushed, Caramel syrup made last week. Just got to weight the hops out tonight and I'll be ready for a 7:00 am start tomorrow.

Mongrel said:
Tapping a Steamed Bohemian Pils tonight, so we'll see how well that worked, but I really like the Wyeast's 2112 | California Lager yeast.

That sounds awesome. I'm thinking of doing a lager style with that yeast. Read a lot on it. Seemspeople have good results doing it that way. I made a Cali common that turned out ok. It was my second ag and had a couple flaws. Couldn't drink it till 6 months later.

Calder said:
Chimay Red Clone is on my 'To-do' list this weekend. Grains are crushed, Caramel syrup made last week. Just got to weight the hops out tonight and I'll be ready for a 7:00 am start tomorrow.

Going to try and do 2 tomorrow. Grind is bringing his kettle, mash in the the second one half way through the first boil.

That sounds awesome. I'm thinking of doing a lager style with that yeast. Read a lot on it. Seemspeople have good results doing it that way. I made a Cali common that turned out ok. It was my second ag and had a couple flaws. Couldn't drink it till 6 months later.
I'm pretty happy with it. Time to pour another pint.

Going to do a Rye IPA... the owner of the local HBS personally delivered an order I made earlier so I can brew on Sunday. How's that for great service! Way to go Brewgadgets!

.. the owner of the local HBS personally delivered an order I made earlier so I can brew on Sunday. How's that for great service! Way to go Brewgadgets![/QUOTE]

Wish mine did that! My yeast starter flopped. So now I have to wait until Tuesday to pitch. Kinda sux really. guess this will put my my sanitation methods to the test.

Back