What to get a Guinness guy for Father's Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhorgan1

Reaction score
My siblings decided it would be a cool idea to get my dad a mixed 6pack of beers to try along with a few giftcards. The problem is the only he beer he claims to like is the Guinness from Ireland (He lived there till he was 25). He hates American Guinness. He's open to trying new beers. He always has a few of my homebrews whenever I bring some home even though I'm pretty sure he just enjoys free beer.

Anyway... I'm planning on going to a local BuyRite and picking out a few of single bottles to make the 6pack. Do you guys have any suggestions on what beers I should get him? Most of the beers will probably be east coast.

Thanks for everyone's overwhelming responses! :p I'm just messing around. So when I went to the store today I picked up StormKing by Victory, Sierra Nevadas Stout, Flying Dogs Gonzo Imperial Porter, Southern Tier Porter, Long Trail Pale Ale, and Magic Hat #9. I figured since my dad loves Guinness Id get at least half porters and stouts. I heard stormking was really good so i had to pick that up. The long trail and #9 are just wild cards just to let me dad try new things. For future reference do you guys have any recommendations for what to get next time? I was really considering picking up a can of Murpheys haha

Back