What to do with this wort?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bensiff

Reaction score
I messed up and ended up with an extra 5 gallons of american brown ale wort. Its hopped to about 35 IBU's with nugget at 60 and cascade, amarillo, and centennial at 10. Since I don't need another 5 gallons of brown ale I was wondering if anyone had good ideas of where to take it? I was thinking going with fruit and or funk; however, I don't know how the hops would taste with that direction. I could also go with a pitch of brett, but again, don't know how that would pair with the hop bill.

So, any thoughts would be great.

Be honest with yourself...would it be all that bad to have an extra 5 gallons of brown ale handy?

15 gallons would certainly mitigate the chance of, "Damn, its almost gone right when it started to get really good." But, I do want to do something a little different, just don't know how the citrus hops will play with my ideas.

hmm, interesting...again hitting that question of will chocolate go with citrus...damn I new I should've gone with the willamette and fuggles or EKG, lots more directions there.

hmm, interesting...again hitting that question of will chocolate go with citrus...damn I new I should've gone with the willamette and fuggles or EKG, lots more directions there.

I think chocolate and citrus will be fine. I mean look how long they've been selling chocolate covered oranges/orange peels. The flavors meld fine.

I suppose I could always toss in a lb of D2 syrup and some Belgian yeast, maybe a hint of chocolate on top and let it age for a few months on oak

Back