What to do with sight glass?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nerdie

Reaction score
I brought this from More beer
http://morebeer.com/view_product/18699//Sight_Gauge_-_16

and was working with the customer service guy... He said that's all I need with the 1/2 coupler but I didn't think because the bottom was 1/8"... so i finally got the supplies and DOH! I need more parts...

I believe I need
http://morebeer.com/view_product/17450//Stainless_Sight_Gauge_Adapter_with_plug

which is $24.50!! that's nuts...

should I just return it and get something else? What do you recommend for a sight glass for a keg (cheap and good =) )

Should I just get that expensive part?

IMG_0252.JPG

you might find an Elbow and a reducing bushing will do the same thing for you.

Return that one and get his assembly.

I was going to say the same thing.
Mine came in the mail today, but, I got the one with the thermometer. It is a beaut!!!!

Edit:
I just looked at the links and saw how much they are charging... That is robbery! The site glass with thermometer built in from Bargainfittings.com was only $49.00 and $5.00 shipping. They charged you $39 alone for the tubing...

Yeah Bargain fittings looks good as far as price. I wish he would add a protector for the sight glass though.

The SS Protector is most likely why you're paying so much. People here have Sanke Spear dip tubs notched for sight glass protectors. Cheap and very effective.

I didn't see anything on his links that said it came with a protector.
What do you mean by the sanke keg spear dip tube? I just dis assembled one last night. Is there a smaller tube inside the larger one?

Hell, I would be happy with an aluminum protector, I don't need SS to be happy...however, if I hack something with my dremel or grinder it will end up looking like ass ...but, I would rather have something look like ass than over pay as long as it is as functional. I guess that is why my brewing equipment looks like ass.

I bet you I could :). No worries, I will make a cheap site glass condom out of something to protect from my inability to control myself. Can you cut the polycarb tube shorter than the 19" for me? Got a new 60qt on the way I need one for and the 19" height would be too much. Sorry to hijack on that tangent Nerdie.

I bought the one from B3 and noticed it was kind of flimsy. I am not happy with it at all.

the problem I had with the bargain one I remember is that I decided to go welded not weldless.... do they have a welded one?

Back