What to do with my cuttings...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smashing

Reaction score
Winter is in the air and I need to do something with the cuttings I rooted. I have 5 in small pots on my deck that did well. We've had a frost so the bines browned up and I cut them back. What should I do with them? Can I just leave them in the pots till spring - maybe put them in my garage until spring? I'm moving my main plants in the spring to a new bed that's not ready yet so I'm not sure I want to plant these.

Might I suggest if you tip them out of the pot and see thick white roots (not the little hair ones) your plants should be mature enough to overwinter in the ground. You can bury them, pot and all and put a good layer of mulch over them. Then you can uncover them in early spring and move them where ever you want. They will do better than storing them inside where they will likely dry out or sprout too early.

Back