What to do with Mulberries?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capttom

Reaction score
I've collected about 10lbs of mulberries, and the local trees are starting to wind down. I was hoping for a 3 gallon batch of wine- which wants 16lbs.

I've collected about 10lbs of mulberries, and the local trees are starting to wind down. I was hoping for a 3 gallon batch of wine- which wants 16-18 lbs.

Looking for suggestions. They are frozen- so could be used in a future mead, wine or beer- but are taking room in the freezer. Blueberries start in our area late march- could you mix these?

I've collected about 10lbs of mulberries, and the local trees are starting to wind down. I was hoping for a 3 gallon batch of wine- which wants 16-18 lbs.

Looking for suggestions. They are frozen- so could be used in a future mead, wine or beer- but are taking room in the freezer. Blueberries start in our area late march- could you mix these?

I would just make a smaller batch of wine.

capttom said:
I've collected about 10lbs of mulberries, and the local trees are starting to wind down. I was hoping for a 3 gallon batch of wine- which wants 16lbs.

Make your own version. Raisins are a safe addition. They don't add a tun of early flavor but will add some depth and mouth feel. You don't have to worry about them throwing off the ph or adding extra tannin or yeast nutrient to compensate for anything. Mulberry is usually sweet so the extra depth will be good if your ABV gets a little high. Good luck whatever you do.

A mulberry wine if you have enough berries. If not, a morat; that's a melomel made with mulberries. Regards, GF.

Back