What to do with it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... You could pitch an ale yeast. I think some belgian beers use pilsners but are fermented as ales.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

That's funny, I'm in much the same situation. Have 5lbs Vienna, 5lbs Pils, a few pounds crystal, some CaraRed, Carafa, and a packet of Nottingham all sitting around. Also a bunch of Chinook and Simcoe. I was thinking of doing some kind of crazy allsorts.

slothorentropy said:
That's funny, I'm in much the same situation. Have 5lbs Vienna, 5lbs Pils, a few pounds crystal, some CaraRed, Carafa, and a packet of Nottingham all sitting around. Also a bunch of Chinook and Simcoe. I was thinking of doing some kind of crazy allsorts.

Sounds like bitter Vienna Ale to me.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Ingredients: 9 lbs. Domestic Pilsner Malt, 8 oz. Carapils, 8 oz. Crystal 10L Malt
Not into making a Pilsner any thought on a new beer with this Ingredients?

You could pitch a 1056 or 1098 on this with about 20-25 IBU and call it a Continental Blonde Ale.
:mug:

Hit that with some wlp550 and hop with amarillo and citra for a hoppy finish with low ibu and you'll have a tasty brew!

kolsch all day, i'd go with some hallertau and tett hops instead or perle but just personal preference is all

Latest posts

Back