What to do with Blichmann burner legs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfrazier77

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully some wise and creative soul can help me out. I just upgraded to a Blichmann burner and this thing can really put out some heat. I also got the 24" legs at the same time. So, I am wondering, is there anything beer DIY I can do with the original legs? They are pretty heavy duty, but I can't think of anything.
Thanks,

Here's what I did.

ab_jul_15_2011_03.jpg

I set up a jig on my drill press table and drilled new holes in both the short legs and the long ones, then ran 5/16" SS hardware to marry new legs to old. I felt a lot better about the resulting wide stance, because those 24" legs on the stock spread always struck me as too tippy to risk.

Ironically, as soon as I can paint my new single tier I'll be stripping those legs. But I just knocked off two batches today with my "Goldbergian Multi-Tier" (which involves that BK setup, fed by a cooler MLT sitting on a B&D Workmate, fed by a HLT sitting atop a short-legged Blichmann atop a big patio block sitting on a step stool on top of a folding table - yeah, it scares everyone half to death just to see this thing! :rockin: ), and those legs still serve me well...

Cheers!

Back