What to brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

ODG34

Reaction score
Ok, I am planning on another brew day this weekend. I have now brewed 3 times trying out 3 seperate recipes. Each time, I have made errors of some sort during the brewing process. All seem to have produced great beers though.
The question is, do I try another new recipe or, do I re-brew one of the ones I have done already and work on getting the process right? :confused:

bja

Reaction score
The question is, do I try another new recipe or, do I re-brew one of the ones I have done already and work on getting the process right? :confused:
Is this a trick question?

DaNewf

Reaction score
Winter will be over by the time it's ready. Go for the IPA.
Good point. I did not account for regional differences.

Here in Newfoundland winter sometimes has a way of just hanging on. We had a really good summer and fall last year. I have a feeling we will still have snow on the ground in late April/early May this year.

I'll be bottling a batch of stout this coming weekend and I have most of a batch I bottled in December still waiting to be consumed. Hopefully that'll be enough to see me through til spring (whenever that starts).

Bithead

Reaction score
Denny Conn speaks to this in his most recent interview with Brad Smith. http://beersmith.com/blog/2013/02/16/designing-beer-with-denny-conn-beersmith-podcast-55/

Some people, me included, like to brew something different every time. I have a red that I've rebrewed a couple times but that's it. Some, like Denny like to rebrew a recipe till they have it exactly like they want it. Some have house favorites they brew all the time. I think you just need to find how you like it.

OP
ODG34

ODG34

Reaction score
Denny Conn speaks to this in his most recent interview with Brad Smith. http://beersmith.com/blog/2013/02/16/designing-beer-with-denny-conn-beersmith-podcast-55/

Some people, me included, like to brew something different every time. I have a red that I've rebrewed a couple times but that's it. Some, like Denny like to rebrew a recipe till they have it exactly like they want it. Some have house favorites they brew all the time. I think you just need to find how you like it.
I have brewed 3 times and so far, a different style each time. I want to find the one beer I want to have on hand all of the time and then brew specialties in between. But, I want to perfect each of the ones I have done so, repeats are inevitable. Oh darn! :drunk: