What to brew, what to brew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
I just placed an order with NorthernBrewer.com for some birthday presents to myself: Phat Tyre kit, Scottish 80/- kit and a Dry Mead kit. I went the Kit route because I've never made these before and I don't want to mess it up.

So which should I do first? I'll probably pick up another carboy so I can get the Mead started, and I'm torn between starting the 80/- or the Tyre first. Buying more carboys is not an option.

Anyone have an opinion?

Cheesefood said:
I just placed an order with NorthernBrewer.com for some birthday presents to myself: Phat Tyre kit, Scottish 80/- kit and a Dry Mead kit. I went the Kit route because I've never made these before and I don't want to mess it up.

So which should I do first? I'll probably pick up another carboy so I can get the Mead started, and I'm torn between starting the 80/- or the Tyre first. Buying more carboys is not an option.

Anyone have an opinion?

I vote for the Fat Tire Clone.............

Rusty said:
I vote for the Fat Tire Clone.............

I think so. The Wife is getting me a bike for my birthday. I've been looking at different bikes and I'm going with a big old cruiser bike. I live in Illinois where it's flatter than my newborn niece and it's not like I'm about to go mountain biking anytime soon.

Maybe some Phat Tyre will help me celebrate my new bike.

It is kind of funny that you mention your beer choice dilema because as I write this I am drinking the NB phat tyre kit that I brewed last month.

What I can say is that it is a perfect warmer weather brew. I've never had the original from New Belgium Brewery but I like what I've brewed.

I've enjoyed using their kits. I'm planning on brewing their cream ale tonight because I'm just looking to make some lawn mower beer. At this point I'm simply looking to build up my stock of standard session-type beers.

Good luck in making your decision. Whatever you decide it won't be wrong - that's the great thing about homebrewing!:mug:

Back