What to Brew What to Brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smAllGrain

Reaction score
So I am trying to figure out what to brew with the ingredients I have on hand. I know I am going to use Pacman yeast that I harvested but am not sure what to make.

27# Maris Otter
1# Munich
1# Biscuit Malt (never used it before)
1# Crystal 60L
1# Special B
12oz English Choc Malt
12oz American Choc Malt

1oz Citra 14.5AA
2oz Mosaic 11.7AA
1oz Cascade 6.5AA
1# Centential 11.6AA
12oz CTZ 13.1AA
1# 1oz Styrian Goldings 6.2AA

Any direction you can point me would be great. I am thinking something malty but am open to all suggestions.

Cheers! :mug:

@Qrumph has one that I'm eyeballing...but Americanizing (IOW making it bitterer) because I fly by the seat of my pants anyway. I think it even has Special B.

how about this for a 3Gal ESB

5# Maris Otter
¼# Buscuit Malt
½# Crystal 60L
¼# Carapils
¼oz Styrian Golding @ 60 min
¼oz Styrian Golding @ 30min
¼oz Styrian Golding @ 20min
¼oz Styrian Golding @5 Min

This is a complete WAG, since I've never seen a recipe, but it looks like you might have a candidate for a baked pretzel beer, if you go easy on the hops and add a bit of salt to balance the malt.

Having said that, the pretzel concept would probably better with wheat added; possibly a bit of mustard seed, too?

The above is all speculation, but who knows...

how about this for a 3Gal ESB

5# Maris Otter
¼# Buscuit Malt
½# Crystal 60L
¼# Carapils
¼oz Styrian Golding @ 60 min
¼oz Styrian Golding @ 30min
¼oz Styrian Golding @ 20min
¼oz Styrian Golding @5 Min

looks pretty much perfect. I meant I was going for @Remmy 's recipe. I don't want to scale it because using a calculator would mean actual work.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=520826

This is a complete WAG, since I've never seen a recipe, but it looks like you might have a candidate for a baked pretzel beer, if you go easy on the hops and add a bit of salt to balance the malt.

Having said that, the pretzel concept would probably better with wheat added; possibly a bit of mustard seed, too?

The above is all speculation, but who knows...

You pretty much nailed the malt profile of a good ESB.

Back