What to Brew Next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemist308

Reaction score
I've already got an oatmeal stout bottle conditioning, and a dry stout fermenting.

Now my friends like Corona. And talking to them about it, I get the impression that they don't like HOPS to the extent that Sam Adams lager and IPAs use them. Hell I like Corona too, but I'm not going to be able clone it with extract and ale yeast. So for now, I'm an ale yeast brewer and I'm not going to try to clone anything with grains until I've actually done a few ag batches.

I want to make a nice light bodied beer that's not too hopped up. Something that the girl in the bunch will enjoy too. My methods will have to involve ale yeast and extract, and maybe some specialty grain if it doesn't hurt the light body. I'm just guessing here, but I think it's going to use the Northern Brewer Pilsen extract or a Muntons Extra Lite as the base. Any suggestions or recipes?

Check out Cream Ale recipes. They are the ale version similar to American lagers. Most HBS stores sell a kit for them.

Back