What to add to kegerator door seal to close?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m3B.eer

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I tried to arrange a kegerator to fit a 10gal keg, by taking the foam off the door. The problem is that there's still about half an inch at the end of the door that won't close.

I would like to keep the fridge as is. What could I add, I'm thinking in addition to the gasket, or attached to it, to compensate for this half an inch that I am missing to close fully the door?

Looking for some material recommendation or suggestions?

Thank you

d a wood collar out of 1x2s and use it to shim out the door. Should be able to make it removable...
Thanks for the answer! I had in mind something like foam or similar? Would be pretty though.

What do you mean what's 1x2s?

"1x2" = "One By Two" = "One Inch By Two Inch" dimensional lumber, which translates to an actual board thickness by width of roughly 0.75" x 1.25".
And if the 1.25" isn't wide enough you could go with a "1x3", which would be roughly 0.75" x 2.25".

There are lots of examples of kegerator collars on HBT. This will get you started, then look at the bottom of that page to find more threads...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/added-a-collar-to-my-kegerator.648632/
Cheers!

Back