What the .....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
So tonight I'm drinking some HB, and I run out, so I started drinking one of my fav commercial brews. Shiner Bock. I start drinking it, and it tastes gross compared to my HB.

Ah wel, if I keep drinking it'll taste the same eventually haha. :mug: :mug:

Oh and after 2.5 HB's, I'm slightly buzzed. That was a strong batch!:mug:

3rd sip, still tastes weird. Almost flat. :drunk:

Mustangfreak said:
Shiner Bock. I start drinking it, and it tastes gross compared to my HB.
Welcome to the club! I bet you find that a lot of beer you previously thought was "good" is now only mediocre...if not terrible.

BTW, Shiner Bock sucks.

I havent had a Shiner Bock in a few months, but many years ago it was my favorite.

Its not bad for a commercial beer though. Much better than MBC
:fro:

OK this aint a shiner bock thread(with all due respect).

Part of it is: Fresh just tastes better. Another part is: Commercial brew is made to appeal to the masses, not your personal tastes. The Budweisers of the world = Mcdonalds. The craft beers = a really good steak chain(Ruth's Chris, del frisco's, Stony river, etc.) With a great cut of steak and a little of the right seasonings, you can out do the high end steak places most of the time, and mcdonalds 150% of the time.

So welcome to the club you FARGING BEER SNOB!!! My SWMBO still doesn't understand why I sigh when she asks me to pick up commercial beer.

Well enough of this, you better start another batch real soon.

I guess I'm a bit of an exception, I have no problems with commercial beer. But then my commercial beers are all microbrews, frequently direct :mug: from the brewery.

david_42 said:
I guess I'm a bit of an exception, I have no problems with commercial beer. But then my commercial beers are all microbrews, frequently direct :mug: from the brewery.

I'm with you. My beer is great and all, but I'm not delusional enough to think that my beer is the be-all-end-all. There are TONS of awesome beers available by micros and macros alike. Ya, your tastes change with this hobby, but you should still be able to enjoy the full spectrum of available beer options.

I had never tried it until last week. Found it at a local liquor store for $7 for a 6 pack.

First impression: Went to pry the cap off, and it was twist-off. :mad:
Poured to a glass: No head??? :mad:
Drank it: Dark Budweiser?!?! :mad:

CHRISO SMASH.

Overall very disappointed in Shiner Bock. My Miller Lite lovin' friend likes it a lot though. Go figure.

Back