What the hell do I call it??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesjensen1068

Reaction score
Ok...I love Schwarzbier but I don't have the means to lager. So I got some advise to use a WLP011 European Ale yeast instead. So I purchased Norther Brewer's: http://www.northernbrewer.com/documentation/beerkits/Schwarzbier.pdf

I'm just wondering what technically I should call it now that I'm not using a lager yeast?

I'll be fermenting in the low 60's. Anything special I should do to get the closest possible Schwarbier taste??

Cheers :mug:

So it's a "George Black Brown Porter Ale Alt Schwarzbier" or a "GBBPAAS". I like it! Thanks guys!

Oh! And I have the option of increasing the ABV and calling it a "Imperial George Black Brown Porter Ale Alt Schwarzbier" or....you guessed it a "IGBBPAAS"

Cheers

Hey just thought I'd let you guys know....this beer turned out great. For anyone wanting to do a Schwarzbier and you don't have the means to lager....do this kit and just use WLP011. Fantastic.....is it spot on as a Schwarzbier???? I don't care!

Cheers

Back