What temperature do your drink your HB?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I generally don't drink my brews below 50°F usually up toward 60°F

The mainstream pubs over here have all gone for glycol cooling so you struggle to get beer above 40°F:(

Since I keep mine in the house refrigerator, I really don't pay attention. I know that my beer tends to taste a bit better as it warms up, so I'm probably keeping it too low.

Depends on the beer. Most of the maltier stuff I've been drinking lately, I'll pour and let warm up a bit (I'm speaking of commercial brews as well), but pale ales and IPAs, I'll just drink them still pretty chilly from the fridge. I'm a fairly slow drinker, so it's usually warmed up a bit by the end, so I'll pay attention to the other flavors and aromas that are coming through at the end.

I store mine at 38 to 40 degrees F. I get a 42-44 degree pour, and that works just fine for me. I like my beer a tad on the cold side, though, like bird, I'll pay attention to the subtle changes in character as the beer warms.

I have my shiny new kegerator set at 10C (50F) and it's just about perfect for my taste. I also drink my pints fairly slowly so I get a nice swing in flavour as I work through them.

My bottles I still keep in my regular fridge and it's definitely too cold.

It depends on whether the ice around my keg has melted or not. My "kegerator" is a 10 gallon Gott cooler filled with ice. When I remember to bring some home from work.

I keep the walk-in cooler and my kegerator at 36. I like my beer cold but don't mind ales warming up a bit while sipping on them. But I've never like ANY warm / hot drinks - only cold...

I actually use my kegerator for fermenting as well....so when I've got something in the primary, everything is at about 65. It's actually not as bad as it sounds; the beer is pretty cool and still tastes pretty good! I'd like to build a fermentation cabinet one of these days so I can separate between fermenting and serving....

I usually drink HB at (my) cellar temp, about 14C/57F.

I'm in the process of setting up my kegerator, so then I'll probably be drinking at 10C/50F.

It comes out of the fridge or kegerator cold, but I usually let the glass sit and warm up, so If I had to guess drinking temp, I'd say in the mid 50's.

Depends on the style of beer for me.

I like my Lagers cool, prolly around 45 to 48 °F
Browns, Porters, Stouts, Belgians ~55 °F
Wheats ~50 °F

Too cold you lose characteristics which can be useful when you have something you want to surpress in the beer. Too warm and you can get some funky tastes. I recently brought a Brown Porter to Phil's house (I think from my fourth batch ever so it has some age to it :D). The first one we tasted was room temp and it had an odd flavor to it imo. The second one was cooled down a bit and I think most everyone agreed it was much better. So as some beers get up in age, temp can be used to fight some of the off tastes that can develop.

I was drinking them at 40F, but with the new kegger, I can have them at 55F or 34F. Most of them are at 55F.

I keep the fridge at around 38-40 to keep down the mildew. However, if I know that I have a big day coming up, such as a party or a weekend I'll be around the house, I'll bring the temp up to 50-55 a couple days beforehand and bleed off appropriately.

TL

Don't really pay attention to the temp. My refrigerator is probably around 45F though. I usually let my brew sit on the counter for ~5 min before opening and pouring depending on the beer.

Im a cold beer guy. Keep the fridge down low. But... I will make exceptions for beers that I know to be warm drinkers. I love a good stout when its just cool. Great for sipping slow and chewing the foam. :tank:

Back