What supplier for dry beer/wine yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monocerotis

Reaction score
Seems like there's quite a few suppliers/brands of yeast out there and I'm having trouble finding recommendations for some of the best ones. What supplier's would be best to use/what brand's are most recommended? Looking for all dry for ale, mead, and champagne...

Thanks

Yeah, just looking for recommendations on what stores are good though, as there's pages upon pages of stores out there.

The midwest one is appealing since it's close...I'm in Iowa. We have a local store, but they're more of an alcohol retailer and just have limited selections of homebrewing equipment. The only dry yeast they have is the Nottingham.

I buy all my stuff from Austin Home Brew Supply and they got a good variety of dry yeast. However, I would recommend you to stay away from Muntons dry yeast. I have had horrid experience with this yeast.

Any of those "big three" online stores will have what you need. I like Red Star wine yeasts- they are about $.89 and come in many different kinds. I use cotes de blanc, montrachet, premier cuvee and champagne yeast the most. For Lalvin yeasts, I use the 71B-1122 or EC1118 the most. One package is good for up to 6 gallons, so it's pretty economical.

For dry beer yeasts, I use s-05 and nottingham the most. They are neutral ale yeasts.

Back